1. Linux PPC R5 video problems: Umax S900, Twin Turbo
Greetings. In previous versions of MKLinux and LinuxPPC, I have been
able to use X with
no problem, despite resolution or bit depth. In the loading mechanism
for LinuxPPC Release 5
as well as the stand-alone demo (read-only file system) I see that my
video card and monitor are
not an issue. Everything loaded smoothly, and was quite fast.
However, XFree86 can't be set up for my environment, so I've not used
the *new* release
beyond several re-installs.
First, has anyone installed or tested LinuxPPC Release 5 on Umax S900
with a 17 inch Apple monitor
and a 4 MB Twin Turbo card? Also, why are we now asked to wade into
XFree86 configuration at all?
Why is my very monitor listed among the config choices (last stage of
the RedHat installer)
only to have its tests fail? If you are new to the install process, you
can screw up a monitor.
Shielding from this was one of the strengths of the MKLinux and LinuxPPC
in all the version
before this one.
If this has been well-documented, please refer me to a URL or letter
This is somewhat upsetting because the list of installed software is
thrilling, to say the least.
I was looking forward to a weekend of database study and coding.
Instead, I've had to deal
with video issues and haven't made use of this newly-delivered triumph.
Any assistance is appreciated to no end...
W. John Burns
HTML/Junior Web Development, Design
2. Booting from ROM (PROM, flash, etc)
3. S900 R5/Umax/Linksys/eth1 trouble. .
4. Need cross platform linker
5. MkLinux Install Problem (Umax S900) Device not ready?
6. DNS inside firewall
7. Install probs on UMAX S900
8. PPP: Got dynamic IP, no ping
9. Trouble installing on UMAX S900
10. Umax C500 not installing R5, HELP
11. Umax C500 wont install R5
12. umax S900 panic.
13. umax s900