Help! Can't install MkLinux DR3...

Post by pier » Sun, 14 Mar 1999 04:00:00

        It says "Error bootstrap task cnnont find config.file ......" Whats wrong?
What format should the CD have HFS or ISO9660? Is the textfileformat wrong?
HELP!!!

1. Can't install MkLinux pre-DR3 on a Power Mac 9500/G3 266

Dear all,

         I have tried to follow Gilbert Coville instructions to install
mklinux on a PMac 9500/upgraded to G3/266 running MacOS F-8.1, but I am
apparently missing something, since I get a nice start which unfortunately
stops with the three two following (approximate) lines:

     default_pager: started
     (bootstrap): loading /dev/boot_device/mach_server/linux+installer

     Then the screen switches to black (hence my approximation of the previous
lines) and turns to some kind of energy sparing status.

     I have downloaded the DR3/Redhat folder on an internal hard disk which is
not the system disk and this might be the reason ?

     Have I to install the Redhat folder in a unix partition ? I have finally
managed to create such partitions root/swap/usr but they are not visible by
MacOS. May the problem be due to the video board (it is the standard PCI ATI
board shipped with all 9500s).

     Thanks in advance for your help.

      Regards,
                                     Xavier.
--

2. Support site now available

3. MkLinux DR3 won't install on my Pmac 8600

4. "weof" operation in "mt" command gives "permission denied"

5. Why Won't MkLinux DR3 Install on My Machine?

6. passwd- shadow-

7. Help: MKLinux DR3 - unable to install from CD

8. run following shell error on solaris but OK on RedHat, why????

9. Help for install MkLinux DR3 into PowerBook!!

10. MKLinux DR3 won't boot on 7200

11. MkLinux DR3 - got the partitions, can't boot off CD-ROM

12. MKLinux DR3 won't boot on 7200

13. MkLinux DR3 can't start X