Any PPC Linux that supports floppies?

Post by George Brow » Wed, 28 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I've tried MkLinux from Apple but it doesn't support the floppy drive,
which is a serious limitation to me.  Are there any other
implementations that support floppies, CD's etc?

  George Brown                                 Voice: (315) 363-8000

  http://www.tower.com

  Tower Concepts, Inc - The leader in configuration management and
                         problem tracking solutions!

Post by Jason » Wed, 28 Jan 1998 04:00:00

>I've tried MkLinux from Apple but it doesn't support the floppy drive,
>which is a serious limitation to me.  Are there any other
>implementations that support floppies, CD's etc?

http://www.linuxppc.org/ if you have a PCI PowerMac.

1. Fixing Old PPC G3 with Latest Release of PPC Linux

Anyone know how to get an old G3 to do new Linux . I am using the Fall
99 edition of PPC Linux.

I can't seem to get past the Boot OS prompt.

I boot into Mac OS , choose to Boot Linux PPC Standard ,

And all I get is : Error could not allocate enough memory for the kernel
( and ramdisk)
file boot x.c,    line 1500

TIA,

Tom Stiko
SD Computer Society - Board Member
SD Mac User Group - Member
Kernel Panic Linux User Group (SD)

2. where can i find a free doc about as86 syntax on internet?

3. Linux PPC with an Amiga PPC Board

4. Intel + Sparc Together?

5. PPC Linux doomed as Motorola End Dates PPC Line

6. Install exited abnormally -- recieving signal 4

7. Do any of the linux ppc distos support hardware accelerated 3D?

8. AOLserver Users????

9. linux on ppc support multiple monitors?

10. Which SCSI/2 cards are best supported by Linux PPc

11. linux PPC driver support

12. SSA Support for Linux on PPC?