HFS Plus

Post by Andrew J. Bre » Thu, 28 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I found an archive hfsplus-1.0.0.tar.gz on linuxppc.org.

It seems to contain some user programs to mount HFS Plus partitions, but
since I don't have any, I could not test it.

Did anybody else encounter this archive?

--
Fan of Woody Allen
PowerPC User

HFS Plus

Post by Tom Stille » Thu, 28 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>I found an archive hfsplus-1.0.0.tar.gz on linuxppc.org.

>It seems to contain some user programs to mount HFS Plus partitions, but
>since I don't have any, I could not test it.

>Did anybody else encounter this archive?

Yes, I installed it.  It works in my limited testing, but not in a
transparent manner.  The command 'hpmount <partition>' makes a single
HFS+ partition available for additional commands such as 'hpls,
'hpcopy', etc.  All-in-all, a good start but it will be better when HFS+
support is integreated with the kernel.

--
Tom Stiller

PGP fingerprint =  5108 DDB2 9761 EDE5 E7E3  7BDA 71ED 6496 99C0 C7CF

HFS Plus

Post by Andrew J. Bre » Thu, 28 Sep 2000 04:00:00

> >I found an archive hfsplus-1.0.0.tar.gz on linuxppc.org.

> >It seems to contain some user programs to mount HFS Plus partitions, but
> >since I don't have any, I could not test it.

> >Did anybody else encounter this archive?

> Yes, I installed it.  It works in my limited testing, but not in a
> transparent manner.  The command 'hpmount <partition>' makes a single
> HFS+ partition available for additional commands such as 'hpls,
> 'hpcopy', etc.  All-in-all, a good start but it will be better when HFS+
> support is integreated with the kernel.

But which basically means we are on the way for having HFS+ support.

Just in time, I am going to upgrade to MacOS 9 in a few weeks (maybe).

--
Fan of Woody Allen
PowerPC User
Supporter of Pepperoni Pizza

1. Support for HFS Plus?

Hello,

I don't know whether this is the right place to send this question,
but do you have any software for Linux which allows me to mount
HFS Plus file systems on a Linux 2.4.x kernel?

I am particularly interested in mounting file systems which have
been created under Mac OS 9.1 or Mac OS X.

Thanks.

2. Help with NFS

3. Drive Format Utility and Linux(HFS+ > HFS?)

4. how to set up mail

5. Installing ?'s with HFS and HFS+ on same drive

6. NAT: D & S on the same packet?

7. HFS/HFS+ support options on (RH6.0) Linux?

8. Did anyone succeed forcing a link speed on the tulip driver using mii-diag

9. Shared drive for Linux/MacOS 9, is HFS/HFS+ an option, and safe one?

10. hfs & hfsutils fail trying to read a HFS cdrom

11. HFS volume becomes HFS+ volume after running Darwin

12. HFS or HFS+ ?

13. Shrink your HFS and HFS+ partition with GNU Parted