How/where to get source to build Mklinux/vmlinux?

How/where to get source to build Mklinux/vmlinux?

Post by Paul Cantre » Sun, 19 Apr 1998 04:00:00

2 Questions:

1)      Anyone been able to make a mouse systems 3 button ADB mouse work
        under Mklinux?

20      How/where do I get the sources so I can fix this myself? I'd like to
        get the full source tree for DR3 development, I have a G3 I just
        brought Mklinux up on. I've been doing unix kernel development for
        20 years, so I can probably find my way around given the tree...

Thanks!

Paul

1. MkLinux install: bootstrap terminating after vmlinux+installer?

I have a Powermac 8600/300 with 64meg RAM.  I'm attempting to install
MkLinux pre-DR3 (having downloaded the files from apple as of 6/12/98).

When I boot up with MkLinux to try and run the installer, the last three
lines I get during bootup are:

(bootstrap): loading /dev/boot_device/mach_servers/vmlinux+installer
(bootstrap): started
(bootstrap): '/dev/boot_device/mach_servers/vmlinux+installer' task terminated

And then it just does nothing.  A friend who is not a guru says that this
means the default_pager file isn't loading, but it's there in the
mach_servers folder.  I must have all the files in the right place or
bootstrap wouldn't even start, so what's going on?

--
I report all unsolicted commercial email.
To reply, remove "blurg" from my email address.

2. ddi_major_to_name()

3. In regards to ANS is vmlinux.coff and vmlinux the same???

4. DDS1

5. cgi scripts not getting executed, only the source code gets displayed

6. Question about paths

7. Problem getting Mklinux DR3 CD

8. Problem to use the serial port

9. Sources for mkLinux newbie help?

10. Getting Darwin Streaming Server to work w/ MKLinux

11. Getting MkLinux to Boot

12. Problems getting into MkLinux DR2.1u6

13. Kernel source for mklinux