linux for 5260?

Post by Tom Vi » Mon, 02 Feb 1998 04:00:00

will the monolithic pmac kernel run on a (performa) powermac 5260? cuz at
school i finally got my own machine for linux, but mach won't boot on any
performas. thanx for any info, cuz all the supported machine lists i saw
for pmac were very dated.

--
Tom Vier - programmer    | Hate Micro$hit, AOLame, and Untel?

Tortured Souls Software  | http://www.erols.com/thomassr/zero/

1. Linux PPC + Performa 5260 + Farallon LC

I would be interested in installing Linux on this machine, but only if I
can get it in my network thereafter.  Since I'm not too familiar with Macs,
I asked at a local store what the best solution is to getting such a machine
into the net.  They mentioned this Farallon LC Card.  The thing also costs a
pretty penny, and they won't let me return it if it doesn't work under linux
.... so does anybody know if this is supported?

Of course Farallon does not provide me with any proper info regarding this
manner.  Since I'm relatively unfamiliar, does anybody see any better
solutions
for getting a Performa 5260 into a RJ-45 ethernet with Linux?

Thanks in advance!

2. Netscape Commerce Server: do you have experience?

3. A Performa 5260, and Linux

4. Ghostscript & East Asian Fonts on SPARC

5. Linux on PowerMac 5260/100

6. DANTE und ICQPhone

7. Ameritech.Net ADSL Setup Up Using 5260 Modem

8. free DSL lookup

9. efficient 5260 adsl internet setup

10. Help for 5260!!!

11. SBC - Ameritech - ADSL - SpeedStream 5260

12. Mandrake on a 5260

13. SpeedStream 5260 and BellSouth Config