GNOME Panel: workspace applet gone; how to get back?

GNOME Panel: workspace applet gone; how to get back?

Post by Dan Caughert » Fri, 12 May 2000 04:00:00

TWIMC --

I accidentally deleted the workspace-selecting applet from
the GNOME panel.  Any1 know how to re-insert it (e.g. what
the name of the applet is, etc.)?

Obviously, this isn't urgent, but it's pretty annoying..

l8r,

--

|  Member of Sci. Staff, Irritant, and Collector of Spare Change   |
| All opinions herein are MINE only, not those of Nortel Networks. |

GNOME Panel: workspace applet gone; how to get back?

Add Applet -> Utility -> Gnome Pager

Post by John Fishe » Fri, 12 May 2000 04:00:00

> TWIMC --

> I accidentally deleted the workspace-selecting applet from
> the GNOME panel.  Any1 know how to re-insert it (e.g. what
> the name of the applet is, etc.)?

> Obviously, this isn't urgent, but it's pretty annoying..

Right-click your panel.  Applets->Utility->DeskGuide.

You can also switch workspaces with command-shift-arrow.

John

GNOME Panel: workspace applet gone; how to get back?

Post by I R A Darth Agg » Fri, 12 May 2000 04:00:00

On Thu, 11 May 2000 13:51:15 -0400,

+ I accidentally deleted the workspace-selecting applet from
+ the GNOME panel.  Any1 know how to re-insert it (e.g. what
+ the name of the applet is, etc.)?

Go to the main menu (the footprint icon) and goto Panel->Add Applet->
Utility->Desk Guide.

James
The Bill of Rights is paid in Responsibilities - Jean McGuire
To cure your perl CGI problems, please look at:
<url:http://www.perl.com/CPAN/doc/FAQs/cgi/idiots-guide.html>

GNOME Panel: workspace applet gone; how to get back?

Post by William Ingle-Gilli » Thu, 25 May 2000 04:00:00

hmm.  i've noticed that it's incredibly easy accidentally to zap
important things from GNOME panels (not least the panel itself!).   not
so bad now that i've learnt how to get most of them back, but it is a
bit of a pain.

> TWIMC --

> I accidentally deleted the workspace-selecting applet from
> the GNOME panel.  Any1 know how to re-insert it (e.g. what
> the name of the applet is, etc.)?

> Obviously, this isn't urgent, but it's pretty annoying..

> l8r,

> --

> |  Member of Sci. Staff, Irritant, and Collector of Spare Change   |
> | All opinions herein are MINE only, not those of Nortel Networks. |
> | "Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it,  |
> |                    poorly." -- Henry Spencer                     |
> .------------------------------------------------------------------.

1. GNOME panel gone, how do I get it back?

I closed the panel in GNOME while trying to figure out a way to log out of
it and have it put me back at the command prompt where I started it from.
When I did the normal logout, it just sat there and never kicked me back
out. Anyways, now that the panel is gone, I need to know how to get it back.
Now when I startx, GNOME still loads, but no panel (which sorta sucks
because I don't know my way around the file system well enough yet to find
anything with the file manager).

2. DOS program for managing multiple Unix consoles

3. getting back Gnome Panel

4. Looking for: statically linked xscreensaver

5. Disappearing Apps and Workspace in Gnome Panel

6. jdk sources, php_java...

7. GNOME/sawfish: How do I insert workspace icon in top panel?

8. gnomemeeting installation problem

9. gnome panel loses applets

10. gnome panel/applet crashes render desktop unusable!

11. Tooltip trouble in bubbling GNOME panel applet

12. gnome panel applet menus and drag and drop

13. Gnome Panel Applets