how do I load another keyboard map?

Post by Rick » Sun, 27 Aug 2000 04:00:00

When i installed 2000, only the USB keyboard map loaded. I have a more
or less standard extended ADB keyboard and I cant seem to use the
keypad. How can I load the standar keyboard map?

Any and all help appreciated.

--

Rick

* To email me remove theobvious from my address *

how do I load another keyboard map?

Post by Taro Fukunag » Mon, 28 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

> When i installed 2000, only the USB keyboard map loaded. I have a more
> or less standard extended ADB keyboard and I cant seem to use the
> keypad. How can I load the standar keyboard map?

> Any and all help appreciated.

My keboard setup is  hopeless, but perhaps you can try

http://www.jwz.org/xkeycaps/

-- Taro

Quote:

> --

> Rick

> * To email me remove theobvious from my address *

1. no keyboard "cannot load map"

Hi,

yesterday I started another attempt to get sound working on my PowerMac G3
B&W. I got the new kernel (2.4.17) from kernel.org. and started compiling.
Now I have sound, thats cool. But I can't use my USB keyboard anymore,
that's not cool. The USB-Keyboard itself works but I cant use it because
the key mapping ist totally scrambled (eg. "return" is mapped to "j") the
only error I get in /var/log/warn is "Cannot load map". It doesnt say why
it cant load the map. At bootup it loads the keyboard
"all/mac-de-latin1-nodeadkeys.map.gz", just as it does with the
precompiled SuSE kernel 2.4.16 (that doesnt play sound on my machine).
This is no XF86 problem in runlevel 3 it is the same. I tried to compile
all NLS maps as modules and buit in. What went wrong in my Kernel
Configuration?

Thank alot
Thomas

2. Serial Port Drivers

3. how to map keyboard keys to sun keyboard ?

4. Copying Multiple Files on one line

5. US ADB keyboard map?

6. Compulsory open source considered in France (Reuters)

7. Keyboard mapping-HELP!!

8. Newbie HPUX 10.20 / Apache

9. mapping extended keyboard keys in vi/ksh

10. keyboard mapping

11. Does anybody has a keyboard map for WordPerfect?

12. How to change keyboard map in X?

13. Keyboard re-mapped , How to get back to default ?