Killed my Mouse :-(

Post by Greg F Walz Chojnack » Fri, 14 Jul 2000 04:00:00

[REPOST: If there was a response to this, I missed it]

I had LinuxPPC running OK and switched from a usb->adb dongle to a MacAlly USB
keyboard.

I ran Xconfigurator to get a higher screen resolution, and now my mouse
is dead.

I suppose I need to change something in /etc//X11/XF86Config, but I don't
know what.

Could someone tell me what, or tell me if that's wrong and what I need to do?

Thanks.

Greg

--

http://www.uwm.edu/News/                                     FAX:414/229-6443

Killed my Mouse :-(

Post by David Marti » Sat, 15 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> [REPOST: If there was a response to this, I missed it]

> I had LinuxPPC running OK and switched from a usb->adb dongle to a MacAlly USB
> keyboard.

> I ran Xconfigurator to get a higher screen resolution, and now my mouse
> is dead.

> I suppose I need to change something in /etc//X11/XF86Config, but I don't
> know what.

> Could someone tell me what, or tell me if that's wrong and what I need to do?

> Thanks.

> Greg

> --

> http://www.uwm.edu/News/                                     FAX:414/229-6443

Although I don't have any experience with USB mice - and I am not sure from your
post whether you think your problem lies with changing keyboards/mice or
re-running the Xconfigurator, but you could try running the mouseconfig utility -
it **should** autodetect the mouse type and alter the XF86Config entries
accordingly.  I had some problems with mouseconfig seg faulting under XFree86
3.3.6 with an ADB mouse, but you can use the --noprobe option to prevent this.
If that fails try looking for the Pointer section in the XF86Config file - it
should have entries for Protocol, Device and Buttons.  For a adb mouse the
Protocol should probably be "BusMouse" and the Device "/dev/mouse" for usb I am
guessing it should be something like Protocal "IMPS2" and "/dev/usbmouse" -
although the protocol may depend on exactly what kind of mouse it is.  Hope this
helps.
--
David C Martin
Materials Engineering Laboratory,

1. Killed my Mouse :-(

I had LinuxPPC running OK and switch from usb->adb dongle to a MacAlly USB
keyboard.

I ran Xconfigurator to get a higher screen resolution, and now my mouse
is dead.

I suppose I need to change something in /etc//X11/XF86Config, but I don't
know what.

Could someone tell me what, or tell me if that's wrong and what I need to do?

Thanks.

Greg

--

http://www.uwm.edu/News/                                     FAX:414/229-6443

2. How do I duplicate AIX break sequence on Linux?

3. gcc hugeprogram.c -o hugeprogram.c :-( :-( :-(

4. Compiling ipportfw.c

5. Samba: Can't get browsing to work :-( :-( :-(

6. NCR or Adaptec

7. Killing tin by KILL singal leads mouse's copy/paste to the showdown

8. Slip on DOS connecting to Linux

9. Dos6 killed Linux :-(

10. Disksuit kills SUN Ultra 10 :-(

11. KILL KILL KILL

12. Kill COREL; Kill COREL; Kill COREL; ...

13. A method to kill process that cannot be killed even with `kill -9'.