Does Toshiba 32x cd-rom work w/ Linux-pmac?

Does Toshiba 32x cd-rom work w/ Linux-pmac?

Post by Julian Cro » Fri, 20 Mar 1998 04:00:00

The Toshiba 32x cd-rom drives (SCSI, model no. XM6201B-S) are very
attractively priced these days. They can be found for about $100 (internal)
from CMP Express (http://www.cmpexpress2.com/).

I'm looking to replace my 4x internal but want to make sure it will work with
linuxpmac. I imagine to get it working in the MacOS I'd have to use FWB's
CDR toolkit or something like it - I doubt the Apple driver will work.

There's been some discussion here recently about problems with particular
cd-rom drives and the drivers in the current '98 linuxpmac distribution.

Anyone know if this drive will work? Better yet, anyone currently using
this drive with linuxpmac?

thanks,

1. Ensoniq Audio PCI, Diamond Fire GL 1000 Pro, Toshiba 32x CD-ROM

    I have recently bought a new computer. It was preinstalled with all
the Windows95 stuff.

    I would like to install linux on my machine, but I have encounter
some problem.

    I tried a Slackware 2.0, the above devices are not supported.

    Which distribution should I use so that the above mentioned devices
would be supported?

Desmond

2. GCC 2.4.5 crashes whe

3. Problem with 32X Toshiba CD ROM on ASUS P2L97-S MB

4. blade 1000 talks to the fishes

5. 32x CD-ROM drive slow?

6. R5 and graphic accelaration

7. Acer CD-ROM Drives (32X)

8. Batch renaming files

9. will trade a 32x cd-rom for AWE64/AWE32 soundcard

10. HELP: Toshiba XM-3401B CD-ROM drive does not work on Solaris2.1

11. Toshiba CD-Rom, Adaptec PCMCIA to SCSI won't work

12. HELP: My Toshiba CD-ROM dosen't work

13. find on my cd-rom doesn't work, but find on dos does