RS/6000 43P-133: System hangs when shutting down eth0

RS/6000 43P-133: System hangs when shutting down eth0

Post by Rasmus Borup Hanse » Tue, 22 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> This might be an issue that has been answered/resolved earlier, but I
> could not find it neither in the linuxppc lists nor on the usenet group.

> On my 43P 7248-133 running linuxppc-1999, shutting down eth0, for
> example at reboot or with /etc/rc.d/init.d/network stop, makes the
> system hang completely, and I have to use the power switch to get
> it up again.

> The hardware is a on-board built-in AMD PCnet32 PCI ethernet adapter.
> I'm running kernel 2.2.6-15aprep with the driver compiled into the
> kernel. Is this a driver code bug or a configuration issue?

> Does anybody know how to fix this?

I had the same problem on the same hardware. My "solution" was simply
never to shut down eth0.

--

Institute for Mathematical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Denmark

M-x praise-be-unto-xemacs