Best freeware Linux choice for Mac OS9.2?

Best freeware Linux choice for Mac OS9.2?

Post by Building Block » Sat, 26 Apr 2003 23:58:50

Im sure this has been asked many times before, but what do you recommend as
the best freeware Linux OS for Mac OS9.2?

Thank you,
Sean

Post by Stephen H. West » Sun, 27 Apr 2003 00:13:32

> Im sure this has been asked many times before, but what do you recommend as
> the best freeware Linux OS for Mac OS9.2?

> Thank you,
> Sean

Linux doesn't run under Mac OS. The relevant information is what
hardware you have. I'm happily running Yellow Dog 3.0 on a 7600/132 at
home. Others swear by Mandrake or SuSE.

--
-Stephen H. Westin

Post by Michael Wis » Sun, 27 Apr 2003 17:59:36

> > Im sure this has been asked many times before, but what do you recommend as
> > the best freeware Linux OS for Mac OS9.2?

> > Thank you,
> > Sean

> Linux doesn't run under Mac OS. The relevant information is what
> hardware you have. I'm happily running Yellow Dog 3.0 on a 7600/132 at
> home. Others swear by Mandrake or SuSE.

Where can I download the ISO's?
--

Post by Tehrasha Darko » Sun, 27 Apr 2003 23:22:57

> Where can I download the ISO's?

www.linuxiso.org    then sort by architecture, PPC.

--Teh

--
My mailbox is NOT an adverti*t medium.     Tehrasha Darkon

Send me spam, lose your account.  Get it?        TINLC-1372
http://www.veryComputer.com/;          B.A.S.T.A.R.D

Best freeware Linux choice for Mac OS9.2?

Post by Building Block » Mon, 28 Apr 2003 05:20:31

On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 10:22:57 -0400, Tehrasha Darkon wrote

>> Where can I download the ISO's?

> www.linuxiso.org    then sort by architecture, PPC.

> --Teh

Yes, www.linuxiso.org is a great site. Just to let you know I downloaded the
Mandrake ISOs. Then I had to change the Creator and File Type using File
Buddy so that Toast could read the ISOs correctly before burning to CD. If
you need to change file type and creator, you can download File Buddy as
shareware at: http://www.skytag.com/filebuddy/7/download.html

Or you can use ResEdit.

Post by Stephen H. West » Tue, 29 Apr 2003 23:04:09

> > > Im sure this has been asked many times before, but what do you recommend as
> > > the best freeware Linux OS for Mac OS9.2?

> > > Thank you,
> > > Sean

> > Linux doesn't run under Mac OS. The relevant information is what
> > hardware you have. I'm happily running Yellow Dog 3.0 on a 7600/132 at
> > home.

Oops, that's 2.3

Quote:> > Others swear by Mandrake or SuSE.

> Where can I download the ISO's?

<http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/resources/ftp_mirrors.shtml>

for Yellow Dog.

--