arrow and space keys on 3400c

Post by Eric Anderso » Fri, 16 Mar 2001 04:41:36

I have problems with the arrow keys and space bar on my 3400c with linux PPC
.. I have tried doing the following
""
To test these settings, boot from the LinuxPPC 2000 Q4 CD-ROM. When you do
this, a past*landscape will appear. When you see this, press the space
bar. A screen with several boot options will appear.

In the first configuration setting, "Install -- Accelerated Video", use the
down arrow key to go to the "video:" line. Type in:

video=atyfb:vmode:14:cmode:8

Try booting with that setting. To boot, press the Return key. If the machine
successfully boots with that setting, it will boot into the X Installer.

Once you are in the X Installer, click on the Options menu, and select
"Terminal". A terminal window will appear. In this terminal, try the arrow
keys and the space bar.
""

spaces continue after letting go of the bar and the arrows just don't work..
Any help? Please

Eric Anderson

arrow and space keys on 3400c

Post by Andre Berge » Fri, 16 Mar 2001 20:53:50

Quote:> I have problems with the arrow keys and space bar on my 3400c with linux PPC
> .. I have tried doing the following
> ""
> To test these settings, boot from the LinuxPPC 2000 Q4 CD-ROM. When you do
> this, a past*landscape will appear. When you see this, press the space
> bar. A screen with several boot options will appear.

> In the first configuration setting, "Install -- Accelerated Video", use the
> down arrow key to go to the "video:" line. Type in:

> video=atyfb:vmode:14:cmode:8

> Try booting with that setting. To boot, press the Return key. If the machine
> successfully boots with that setting, it will boot into the X Installer.

> Once you are in the X Installer, click on the Options menu, and select
> "Terminal". A terminal window will appear. In this terminal, try the arrow
> keys and the space bar.
> ""

I bet you don't need the video setting, my 3400 w/ Debian doesn't. Are
these instructions 3400-specific?

Quote:> spaces continue after letting go of the bar and the arrows just don't work..
> Any help? Please

> Eric Anderson

What happens when you boot into single mode? Or don't use the "Terminal"
option but do a complete install first? (Just guessing, don't use LPPC)

arrow and space keys on 3400c

Post by Eric Anderso » Sat, 17 Mar 2001 08:49:29

Ok I did the following...

cd /etc/X11
ln -sf /usr/X11R6/bin/XF68_FBDev X
Xautoconfig_wrapper.pl
4. Add, to /etc/X11/prefdm, these lines:

Quote:

> $preferred $*
> sleep 2; kill `cat /tmp/.X0-lock`

Rebooted and got a couple of errors, and didn't boot to Xwindows. Logged in
and ran startx and got the same problem. Anyother ideas? Does anyone have
the 3400c and have the same problem?
Eric