TS: Deleted Main Panel

Post by Nitr » Mon, 10 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I deleted the main panel on my root account and I was wondering if there
was a way to recover from this blunder.

Thanks,
Frederick

------------

TS: Deleted Main Panel

Post by John Fishe » Tue, 11 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> I deleted the main panel on my root account and I was wondering if there
> was a way to recover from this blunder.

If you mean the Gnome panel, just open the terminal of your preference
and "panel &".  Save your setup.

John

TS: Deleted Main Panel

Post by Nitr » Tue, 11 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> > I deleted the main panel on my root account and I was wondering if there
> > was a way to recover from this blunder.

> If you mean the Gnome panel, just open the terminal of your preference
> and "panel &".  Save your setup.

> John

Thanks John that was simple enough.  Now another newbie problem if you
don't mind.  I was trying to enable full functionality of my G4's
keyboard by changing the keyboard layout to extended, after setting that
and the some time zone changes, the whole thing crashed and when I
restarted all of the keys had randdom assignments.  The installer sees
the keypad, why won't a full installation?  I went back into the tool to
change it to the standard setting, but I couldn't correct the problem.

I was also wondering if linux 2000 can take full advantage of the 16MB
of video memory on my ATI card, it only recognizes 3MB and when I try to
play with monitor settings, it says that there was an error.  I want to
leave well enough alone, but I want everything to perform as well.

Thanks for any help.

Frederick

------------

TS: Deleted Main Panel

Post by John Fishe » Tue, 11 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> Thanks John that was simple enough.  Now another newbie problem if you
> don't mind.  I was trying to enable full functionality of my G4's
> keyboard by changing the keyboard layout to extended, after setting that
> and the some time zone changes, the whole thing crashed and when I
> restarted all of the keys had randdom assignments.  The installer sees
> the keypad, why won't a full installation?  I went back into the tool to
> change it to the standard setting, but I couldn't correct the problem.

Strange.  My extended keyboard worked fine out of LinuxPPC 1999 and 2000
installations.  If it's just the keypad, maybe you've forgotten to hit
num lock.

Quote:> I was also wondering if linux 2000 can take full advantage of the 16MB
> of video memory on my ATI card, it only recognizes 3MB and when I try to
> play with monitor settings, it says that there was an error.  I want to
> leave well enough alone, but I want everything to perform as well.

It will take advantage of the card if it knows it's there.  You want a
kernel with aty128fb support compiled in.  Grab the prebuilt stable one
from http://linuxcare.com.au/paulus/kernels.html, or the source if
you're feeling adventurous.

John

1. Anyone work with TS-5500 / TS-Linux?

I am new to embedded Linux and have a couple ideas for the TS-5500
(http://www.embeddedx86.com/epc/ts5500-spec.php). TS use there own
TS-Linux, has anyone gotten RTLinux / RTAI working on a TS-5500. Im not
sure if this is a dumb question or not, I'm really new to this. I would
like to use a more open flavor, like RTLinux, to get my feet wet. If this
isn't possible, can anyone point out a SBC with similar attributes?
(PCMCIA, DOC, IDE (TS uses a daughter card)).

Thanks in advance....

2. Hostname swap

3. Gnome main panel accidentally removed

4. IP Masquerading/forwarding: problems with Starcraft/Broodwar Battle.NET

5. Gnome Panel sub-menu Popup time in main menu

6. KNode: sec. 1E+09 problem?

7. Remove main panel

8. Clarification on Cyl. 1023 issue

9. Main panel Size

10. How to delete files on backup that no longer exist on main drive.

11. Deleting shared-library allocated heap objects in main-program

12. "increased VM size+Main-memory" better than "Main-memory+Hard-disk" ??

13. Main function calling another main function