Interesting video isues on YDL 2.1

Post by Paul McGran » Wed, 27 Feb 2002 16:02:20

I've been having very wacky video issues with a new install of Yellow
Dog 2.1.  (I did switch monitors on it since it didn't seem to work on
the ancient 67Hz-only one I first gave it).

I've decided just to reinstall since all I really accomplished was
installing GAIM and that's easily repeated (btw are there better AOL IM
clients? GAIM has a following but it doesn't seem that cool to me).

But for the future, is there a good reference on XF86/X11/XWindows
configuration that I can consult and learn with? I'm intrigued by the
virtual screen scrolling I accidentally accessed,which works incredibly
well on my 180Mhz 604e. I'd like to re-enable it, but with a larger real
resolution than 640x480, Thanks a lot for any pointers! :^)

--
...Paul McGrane

1. ATI XclaimVR and video on YDL 2.1 problem

I have an ATI XclaimVR128 and YDL 2.1 ... installed from scratch from the
CD....

Why is any video (MPEG or DVD) in Linux using Xv (XF86 4.1) displayed only
one quarter of its size in the Xv overlay window?

How do I fix this problem? Am I the only person with Linux experiencing this
problem?

-- Jason

2. CPIO question

3. YDL 2.1 Video Problems: 9500/132

4. quick router

5. Can I replace ydl 2.1 with ydl 2.3

6. Oracle on FreeBSD

7. YDL 2.1 and the Trackpad

8. Forcing requests through the gateway

9. YDL 2.1: Configuring PHP to work in Apache?

10. video4linux vs ydl 2.1

11. YDL 2.1 installation on external SCSI

12. YDL 2.1 and GeForce2 Twinview?

13. Dump Problems in YDL 2.1