Printer

Post by Dan » Sun, 29 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I can print fine under MacOS, so I know the hardware is setup properly.
Under LinuxPPC 1999 I can't even get it to print when send characters
directly to /dev/ttyS1.  I know that the printer is on that device, but
I get nothing from the printer.  Printing worked fine under LinuxPPC 4,
but with, nothing.

Thanks for any help,
Dan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. HOW DO I - Configure an Inkjet Printer as a Postscript Printer ?

Hello,

I recently downloaded StarOffice 4.0 and installed this application into
Linux. Unfortunately StarOffice uses PostScript, Their documentation mentions
something about a filter, This is something I don't know how to do; I got
printing to work under lpr but that is as far as it goes.

I can print from Staroffice but all I get is garbage even when I follow their
instructions for specifing a specific Printer.

My Printer is a Canon BJC-600e if that helps. Currently I save the file to a
*.ps and then use Ghostview to open and print the file, this seems to me a
long way to do this. Any help would be appreciated even if its pointing me to
documentation on printing filters , etc.

TIA,
-Dave

2. 6100 woes...

3. printer: how to get a list of available printers

4. How to setup a Linux-Unix long distance administrator

5. printer redirection (to printer on bwlpr)

6. Anyone know of a Linux C interpreter

7. Lpd hangs at startup when remote printer is offline and there are jobs for the printer

8. Enabling SIGXCPU (and SIGXFSZ)

9. Printer disappear from Red Hat Printer Manager

10. Terminfo printers for Fujitsu DPL Matrix Printer

11. Printer problem, lpr: lp: unknown printer

12. Printer prints from ttyS0 (modem port), but how from ttyS1 (printer port)?

13. Printer'quota on a network printer