? what happened to LinuxPPC.org ?

Post by Steve Hi » Fri, 04 Aug 2000 04:00:00

In article

> What happened to LinuxPPC.org?  It looks like it was absorbed by the
> LinuxPPC.com site.  A few days ago they were separate sites, but now they
> point to the same place!

Look at www.penguinppc.org, which appears to be LinuxPPC.org's new
home. New look, content, etc.

Post by John Fishe » Sat, 05 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> What happened to LinuxPPC.org?  It looks like it was absorbed by the
> LinuxPPC.com site.  A few days ago they were separate sites, but now they
> point to the same place!

Try penguinppc.org.

John

Post by Hubert de Hollai » Sat, 05 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> What happened to LinuxPPC.org?  It looks like it was absorbed by the
> LinuxPPC.com site.  A few days ago they were separate sites, but now they
> point to the same place!

try linuxppc.org ( without www in the  first place )

Greetings Hubert

( also wondering about this behaviour)

Wenn sie ihre E-Mail verschluesseln wollen, dann stecken Sie die
Nachricht doch einfach in eine PowerPoint-Datei. Die koennen die
meisten sowieso nicht lesen."
Scott McNealy, Sun.

Post by Charles Eiche » Sat, 05 Aug 2000 04:00:00

>> What happened to LinuxPPC.org?  It looks like it was absorbed by the
>> LinuxPPC.com site.  A few days ago they were separate sites, but now they
>> point to the same place!

>Try penguinppc.org.

What the hell are you guys talking about? www.linuxppc.org is active and is not
forwarded to www.linuxppc.com. The .org site had a redesign, but it is separate
from the .com site. The .org site has info on all ports (currently the top news
is about MkLinux). Apparently www.penguinppc.org forwards to www.linuxppc.org
though..

? what happened to LinuxPPC.org ?

Post by Ken Walt » Sat, 05 Aug 2000 04:00:00

WEEKDAY

#>
#>>
#
#What the hell are you guys talking about? www.linuxppc.org is active and is not
#forwarded to www.linuxppc.com. The .org site had a redesign, but it is separate
#from the .com site. The .org site has info on all ports (currently the top news
#is about MkLinux). Apparently www.penguinppc.org forwards to www.linuxppc.org
#though..
#
I just tired it and .org get you to the same page as .com

Ken Walter

Remove -zamboni to reply
All the above is hearsay and the opinion of no one in particular

Post by Michael Schmit » Sun, 06 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> I just tired it and .org get you to the same page as .com

Must be bogus DNS on your side. I get the .org page with
www.linuxppc.org no problem. And boy it looks different from the .com
page.

        Michael

Post by Steve Hi » Sun, 06 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> > I just tired it and .org get you to the same page as .com

> Must be bogus DNS on your side. I get the .org page with
> www.linuxppc.org no problem. And boy it looks different from the .com
> page.

Play around a bit:

 - www.linuxppc.org and www.linuxppc.com point to the same spot, the old
   linuxppc site.

 - linuxppc.org, www.penguinppc.or and penguinppc.org are the same
   (new) site, different to linuxppc.com.

? what happened to LinuxPPC.org ?

Post by Michael Schmit » Tue, 08 Aug 2000 04:00:00

[on c.o.l.powerpc...]

Quote:> > > I just tired it and .org get you to the same page as .com

> > Must be bogus DNS on your side. I get the .org page with
> > www.linuxppc.org no problem. And boy it looks different from the .com
> > page.

> Play around a bit:

>  - www.linuxppc.org and www.linuxppc.com point to the same spot, the old
>    linuxppc site.

>  - linuxppc.org, www.penguinppc.or and penguinppc.org are the same
>    (new) site, different to linuxppc.com.

I stand corrected. Must have been stale DNS data at my site (I tried
www.linuxppc.org and it gave me the new site last week. Though the DNS
serial suggests it was last changed mid-July ...).

AFAIR a web site overhaul was in the works anyway, maybe on this
occasion LinuxPPC reclaimed the .org entry (linuxppc.org has been
registered on LinuxPPC Inc. for over a year already). The linuxppc.org
aka penguinppc.org site has linuxppc.org written all over it, so having
www.linuxppc.org point there again would be nice for the users -
linuxppc.org already does according to my cached data, and
www.linuxppc.org also points to the right spot according to
linuxppc.com's primary.... even the wrong www.linuxppc.org
(169.207.161.4) returns the correct address (206.160.138.11) when
queried directly. The primary for penguinppc.org itself returns the
wrong data. Weird.

CC: to the technical contacts for possible clarification.

        Michael

1. What happened to linuxppc.org?

Greetings,

Does anybody know what happened to {www,ftp}.linuxppc.org?  It seems to
have been removed from a few nameservers that I've tried today.

I hope this is just temporary...

--

"Wouldn't you rather be involved in a series of colorful, time-wasting
trends?" -- Frank Zappa, Greggery Peccary.

2. Audio Excel DSP 16 Sound Board

3. linuxppc.org, penguinppc.org

4. CC 4.2 fault address dynamic_cast

5. What happened to LinuxPPC.com (.org)?

6. Hung Print Jobs: Printer Driver for DataProducts Line Printer

7. Linuxppc.org ??

8. Root password

9. I got ripped off by LINUXPPC.ORG

10. Full LinuxPPC 2000 at ftp.linuxppc.org ??