C-Kermit 7.0 binary for MkLinux - Last chance!

C-Kermit 7.0 binary for MkLinux - Last chance!

Post by Frank da Cr » Mon, 21 Feb 2000 04:00:00

C-Kermit 7.0, which as announced on 1 January 2000:

  http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/ckermit.html

is about to have its CDROM made.  We have more than 250 up-to-date
binaries, including almost every conceivable Linux variation.

Except MkLinux.  (Yes I know MkLinux is supposed be binary compatible
with LinuxPPC, but why take chances?)

So anybody who is interested in MkLinux not being the one left out and
would like to send in a binary, get:

  ftp://kermit.columbia.edu/kermit/archives/cku196.tar.gz

Put this in a fresh directory, unpack, then "make mklinux".  This should
create an executable called "wermit" (if the build fails, let me know).
Upload to:

  ftp://kermit.columbia.edu/kermit/incoming/cku196.mklinux-ppc-dr3

(replace "dr3" by whatever the MkLinux version is).

If you also want to use it, rename it to "kermit" and put it in your favorite
place -- /usr/local/bin or whatever.  For detailed installation instructions
and options, see:

  ftp://kermit.columbia.edu/kermit/f/ckuins.txt

Thanks!

- Frank

C-Kermit 7.0 binary for MkLinux - Last chance!

Post by Mike Zula » Tue, 22 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

>Except MkLinux.  (Yes I know MkLinux is supposed be binary compatible
>with LinuxPPC, but why take chances?)

Ok, ok, you win.  I've just built it, and I'm uploading it to your server
as we speak (it'll take a bit over a 28.8 connection).

The build went smoothly, with no warnings or errors of any kind.  I haven't
tested it, but I would imagine that it's ok.

My system is running MkLinux Pre-R1, so anyone who wants it for DR3 is
out of luck I suppose.  I named it cku196.mklinux-ppc-pre-r1.

Mike

--
Mike Zulauf

1. Last call for C-Kermit 7.0 binaries

Well, maybe not *last* call...  But since the C-Kermit 7.0 announcement
on new year's day, I haven't heard from anybody building it on MkLinux,
LinuxPPP, or Linux/m68k.  The C-Kermit 7.0 site is:

  http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/ckermit.html

Here's how to do it:

  ftp kermit.columbia.edu
  user anonymous, password is your email address
  cd kermit/archives
  bin
  get cku196.tar.gz
  bye

  gunzip cku196.tar.gz
  tar xf cku196.tar
  make linux

(If you have any trouble with "make linux", try "make mklinux" or other
Linux-related target; let me know.)

To send in the binary:

  cp wermit cku196.linux-ppc-xxxv.v
                   ^^^^^ ^^^ ^^^^^^
                     A    B    C

A = makefile target (linux, mklinux, etc).
B = architecture (ppc, m68k, i386, sparc, alpha, etc).
C = is some indication of your Linux distribution and version,
     like "rh6.1" for Red Hat 6.1.

Then:

  ftp kermit.columbia.edu
  user anonymous, password is your email address
  cd kermit/incoming
  bin
  put cku196.linux-etc-etc <-- whatever the filename is
  bye

We have more than 220 C-Kermit 7.0 binaries so far.  Let's make sure
Linux on PPC and m68k does not go unrepresented.

Thanks!

- Frank

2. Please ignore this... testing...

3. Last call for C-Kermit 7.0 AIX binaries

4. controlling parallel/serial ports in linux?

5. Last call for C-Kermit 7.0 binaries

6. any compressed filesystem suggestion ?

7. Last call for C-Kermit 8.0.206 binaries

8. Need urgent Assistance about Attributes under SCO UNIX

9. Need C-Kermit 7.0 binaries for OSR5.0.0

10. Announcing C-Kermit 7.0 and G-Kermit 1.00

11. Announcing C-Kermit 7.0