random mouse events with 2.2.1

Post by John Yate » Mon, 01 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I've been trying out the LinuxPPC 2.2.1 kernel with my stock MkLinux
DR3 installation on a PowerBook G3 series. The performance increase is
great, but I've been getting 'random' unwanted mouseDown events when
using X which temporarily locks up my session. It eventually must
receive a mouseUp and I will get control back. This doesn't happen with
MkLinux, however. Do I need to update anything else to stabilize the
system for use with LinuxPPC or should I not be trying to swap kernels
like this?

Post by Michael Gre » Tue, 02 Mar 1999 04:00:00

>I've been trying out the LinuxPPC 2.2.1 kernel with my stock MkLinux
>DR3 installation on a PowerBook G3 series. The performance increase is
>great, but I've been getting 'random' unwanted mouseDown events when
>using X which temporarily locks up my session. It eventually must
>receive a mouseUp and I will get control back. This doesn't happen with
>MkLinux, however. Do I need to update anything else to stabilize the
>system for use with LinuxPPC or should I not be trying to swap kernels
>like this?

Don't know about anything else, but 2.2.1 is *not* a stable kernel. It has
all sorts of problems. Go to 2.2.0 or 2.2.2.

1. optical mouse (ps/2 - usb) random events problems as ps/2?

Hi,

I just got a optical mouse that has ps/2 and usb connections, and tried
it connecting thru ps/2. X stars fine and runs ok except this very often
RANDOM uncontrollable mouse moves and click events. I have it setup
/dev/psaux as my older computer.

Can somebody give me some clues what might be the problem?

Thanks.

2. ssh 2.0.9 on linuxppc

3. setting mouse button event to key press event

4. reduce lock contention in do_pagecache_readahead

5. Mouse generating two mouse click events instead of one

6. Known attack on port 1041?

7. strange XFree86 Mouse problem (random mouse failure)

8. A couple of APM questions

9. XtAppAddTimeOut and Expose Event - Not Getting event

10. Joystick -->Create an event --> Handle this event

11. sawfish eats mouse down events...

12. more mouse event

13. Mouse postion When NO event is happend