CD read slow

Post by Moritz Gmeli » Sat, 05 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hello Out there !

I'm having an odd problem with linux on my G4. When I read data from my CD.
Say "dd if=/dev/hdc of=/dev/null". It completely slows my system to the
point of being unusuable.
Is that a problem with LinuxPPC, with IDE CDROM Drives in general, or an
Apple problem.

Thanks for clues.

M.

1. Won't read music CD, will read data cd?

Hi,

I'm having a problem in Linux, happens with Mandrake or Red Hat, the
cdrom icon on the desktop allows me to mount normal data cdroms but won't
mount or read normal music CDs.
Has anyone else had this problem and can they please help me.

Lex.

2. LOT of users?

3. SCSI CD R/W reading too slow

4. Linux Installation Help Part 2

5. audio cd reading/ripping really slow

6. Intel Etherexpress Pro 100 stopped working...please help

7. SCSI CD R/W reading too slow

8. List of all the redhat rpm files with descriptions?

9. Slow SCSI CD audio read problem

10. Reading CD-R & CD-RW with an ATAPI HP 7200e CD-Writer on RH 6.0...

11. I/O read error reading from internal cd HELP

12. Reading CD-RW from normal CD-Rom

13. Can't read CD on old (?) cd