gimp incomplete?

Post by jonathan alex gol » Sun, 12 Nov 2000 04:00:00

it seems to me that the gimp installation that is currently included with the
linuxppc-2000 distribution is incomplete, as it has no 'save' option in the
menus, for instance, and no dialog box for layers. it's almost like a demo
version.

i realize, of course, that the other possibility is that i have something
terribly misconfigured. has anyone dealt with this apparent problem?

i looked around for some bug reports about this, but couldn't find anything.

jon gold

gimp incomplete?

Post by MpWe » Tue, 14 Nov 2000 04:00:00

I have noted the same thing but have also read somewhere that you can access some Gimp menus by RIGHT clicking on the image you are working with!
Unfortunately I have not yet carried out a test.

Bye
Maurizio
    jonathan alex gold ha scritto nel messaggio ...
    it seems to me that the gimp installation that is currently included with the
    linuxppc-2000 distribution is incomplete, as it has no 'save' option in the
    menus, for instance, and no dialog box for layers. it's almost like a demo
    version.

    i realize, of course, that the other possibility is that i have something
    terribly misconfigured. has anyone dealt with this apparent problem?

    i looked around for some bug reports about this, but couldn't find anything.

    jon gold

gimp incomplete?

Post by Charles Fult » Fri, 17 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> it seems to me that the gimp installation that is currently included with the
> linuxppc-2000 distribution is incomplete, as it has no 'save' option in the
> menus, for instance, and no dialog box for layers. it's almost like a demo
> version.

> i realize, of course, that the other possibility is that i have something
> terribly misconfigured. has anyone dealt with this apparent problem?

> i looked around for some bug reports about this, but couldn't find anything.

I don't know anything about the problem, but I suggest dl'ing the
sources:
ftp://ftp.gimp.org/pub/gimp/v1.1/v1.1.29/gimp-1.1.29.tar.gz
And building it yourself.

You'll end up with a GIMP that is custom made for your system.

Charles Fultz
fultz

"Never trust pre-compiled binaries.  Build it yourself."
                        - Charles Fultz

gimp incomplete?

Post by Joseph Levin » Sun, 19 Nov 2000 04:00:00

To save a file, or work with layers (or do just about anything else in the
GIMP) you need to right-click on the image you are working with.  This
should bring up a contextual menu with options for saving files, working
with layers, and many other things.

-joe

> it seems to me that the gimp installation that is currently included with
the
> linuxppc-2000 distribution is incomplete, as it has no 'save' option in
the
> menus, for instance, and no dialog box for layers. it's almost like a demo
> version.

> i realize, of course, that the other possibility is that i have something
> terribly misconfigured. has anyone dealt with this apparent problem?

> i looked around for some bug reports about this, but couldn't find
anything.

> jon gold

gimp incomplete?

Post by Romain d'Alvern » Mon, 27 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> To save a file, or work with layers (or do just about anything else in the
> GIMP) you need to right-click on the image you are working with.

The catch being that, if you have only a one-button mouse, you won't be
able to do a lot of things with Gimp. :-)

romain.

gimp incomplete?

Post by Chris Boo » Mon, 04 Dec 2000 08:00:47

>> To save a file, or work with layers (or do just about anything else in the
>> GIMP) you need to right-click on the image you are working with.

> The catch being that, if you have only a one-button mouse, you won't be
> able to do a lot of things with Gimp. :-)

You can emulate a three-button mouse by pressing Option-2 and Option-3 (I
think, I'm saying this from memory, as I've upgraded both my computers'
mice).

-- Chris

gimp incomplete?

Post by Ross Bernhe » Mon, 04 Dec 2000 04:00:00

> You can emulate a three-button mouse by pressing Option-2 and Option-3

Depends on the key mapping. SuSE 6.4 on the Mac maps option and control
keys as modifiers for center and right button mouse press when used with
a mouse press.

Ross Bernheim