MOL AppleTalk through IP MASQ?

Post by Daniel E. Sabat » Fri, 24 Mar 2000 04:00:00

First I would like to thank all who answered my newbie questions about
getting MOL working, including getting TCP/IP working. It does in fact
work!

Here's one more question: is it possible to 1) connect from MOL to an
AppleTalk network that the (ip-masq'ed) Linux side is connected to for
printing and accessing file servers, and 2) can MOL be an AppleShare
file server that is seen from the aforementioned network?

Just curious.

Dan

--
Daniel E. Sabath, M.D., Ph.D.
Department of Laboratory Medicine

MOL AppleTalk through IP MASQ?

Post by William F. Ada » Sat, 25 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>is it possible to 1) connect from MOL to an
>AppleTalk network that the (ip-masq'ed) Linux side is connected to for
>printing and accessing file servers,

I was able to do that (well, to an NT Server running the Mac fileservices
stuff) immediately after getting MOL booting.

I think the question iswhether or no setting up the other TCP stuff would
interfere... I don't think it would.

William

--
William Adams