G4 Dual Processor and LinuxPPC: SCSI issues

G4 Dual Processor and LinuxPPC: SCSI issues

Post by Bret Van Hor » Tue, 12 Sep 2000 10:36:29

Okay, first off, I'm a newbie with linuxPPC, so be forewarned that I am
probably making some horribly obvious mistake.

That being said, here's what I have done:

I got the vmlinux_ibook kernel (which I saw a post about working with the
new G4s) and tried to boot off of it on an HFS+ partition.

So I see the penguin, and it starts to go through the whole routine of
booting up and detecting all of the devices on the machine.

It seems to do okay until it gets to the Adaptec 2930 SCSI card Apple
installed at the factory. It queries the card, downloads the info from the
card's firmware, then it hangs on the following line (sorry I wasn't in a
situation where I could copy the whole boot sequence):

SCSI: Aborting command due to time out: pid 0, SCSI0, channel 0, id 0, lun
0, test unit ready 00 00 00 00 00

Does anyone have any idea as to what I might be missing/doing
wrong/forgetting to pray for? I've tried it with and without any SCSI
devices hooked up to the chain, and the card is supposed to be
self-terminating.

Thanks in advance,

-Bret

1. YDL on G4 dual processor

I tried to boot G4 dual processor Apple machine with a YDL 1.2 CD.

To boot it I had to remove the hard disk connector as It was always
booting MAC from the hard disk. I dont know how to change the boot
options.

While booting it gave messages like loading usb driver for Keyboard
,mouse.
But finally it gave usbcore : device not responding error (-101).
Is this a known problem. I do not have any port other then USB for
keyboard.

How do I make it detect keyboard. Is the problem with the driver ?
Tell me any other way to boot it ..

Nilesh

2. ANN: New reporting / printing tool for linux with database access

3. LinuxPPC 2000 Q4 - Install Problems Dual G4 with ADB Monitor

4. Would this be possible?

5. Dual G4 and LinuxPPC 2000 Q4 Works!

6. Red Hat kernel version numbers

7. G4 Dual Processor

8. huge executable with debug info.

9. Dual G4 and LinuxPPC 2000

10. Install LinuxPPC on G4 SCSI?

11. LinuxPPC live, KDE, dual processors = freeze?

12. Dual 500Mhz G4 w/ SCSI, LinuxPPC2000 fails

13. Dual-G4 SCSI card support?