compiling kernels

Post by John Bud » Sat, 03 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I have compiled no less than 8 new kernels with varying features but
lately very few different from the 'default values' but none of these
new kernels function.  I am running RH4 on a PTP225.  I also copied over
these newly compiled kernels both with hutilities and with the hfs disk
mounted directely but no difference the machine freezes after starting
BootX.  What am I doing wrong here?  JJB

1. please help: newly compiled kernel cannot compile (2.0.34 slackware)

Hi all,

i been struggling with this for a week now,

sympton:

newly compiled kernel will not compile anything, only spit a bunch of debug
information at me. sometimes error 1 and error 2.
the error are not the same each time, if i compile a new kernel with it, , the
error is a bunch of debug code, if i compile modules, it's error 1 and 2, if i
compile BitchX, it's ....

this kernel boots just fine. loads everything just fine. it just can't compile
anything successfully.

fixes i tried(no luck):
1. checked all the include file soft links in place (as suggested in HOWTO)
2. re-install all over (a few times)
3. re-install liberaries. (they are all from new slackware 3.5 CD set)

i'm really running out of fix now, will anyone please let me know of any other
things to try?

(by the way guys, it seems that menuconfig won't do it for sound config, use
config will make it work)

i really gota compile ipforwarding and ip maquerading before the semester starts
or i'll have to share one ethernet plug with my roomate. i tried reading dox and
all , will anyone please help, thanks.)

Carol

2. OpenTV violating GPL ? -- SILICONVALLEY.COM

3. Compiling modules without compiling kernel

4. What is "paragon"?

5. Kernel panic on running newely compiled kernel

6. Kernel Help

7. I just compiled kernel 2.0.1 and now I getr a kernel panic!

8. MOL on PBG3?

9. "module-info,kernel.h," after compiling kernel?

10. Compiling Kernel 2.0.34 to Kernel 2.2.7

11. HELP: Compiling kernel problem. Kernel 2.0.30

12. kernel error when compiling kernel on 4-stable (after make dep, during make)

13. Help!I just compiled kernel 2.0.1 and now I get a kernel panic!