BootX 1.0.2b4 leaves cursor frozen

Post by J.C. » Mon, 15 Mar 1999 04:00:00

BooxX 1.0.2b4, for some reason, leaves the cursor frozen on screen when I boot
into Linux from the BootX App in Mac OS (not from startup.) Any ideas (besides
planting the cursor in the bottom right of the screen =) TIA.

--
J.C.
"The free flow of information along data highways being piped into our homes and

                                     -- 'The Thunder of Justice', pg. 264

Post by Dave Taylo » Tue, 16 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> BooxX 1.0.2b4, for some reason, leaves the cursor frozen on screen when I boot
> into Linux from the BootX App in Mac OS (not from startup.) Any ideas (besides
> planting the cursor in the bottom right of the screen =) TIA.

> --
> J.C.
> "The free flow of information along data highways being piped into our homes and
> offices will permit unimaginable control by a small elite..."

>                                      -- 'The Thunder of Justice', pg. 264

When you select Linux on the BootX window, be _very_ careful not to move
the mouse.

Dave

1. Beige G3 w R5, BootX freezes

Hello,

Last week  i downloaded and installed R5 on my Beige G3, using the X
installer.  From the  beginning the installation I had problems with the
computer hanging at the BootX screen.  Linux is currently on an internal IDE
drive.
    I thought that the problem may have been with my system folder, so i
installed a clean copy of MacOS 8.6 on  a second partition, and this new
system let the installer boot without a great deal of complaint (had to zap
PRam a few times) .  However, now that I have the full installation on the
drive, I am back to freezes at the Bootx screen, and I have not yet been
able to boot from the disk.    These freezes take place after the OS has
been selected...if I choose Linux, it flashes back to a MacOS startup
screen, draws a blank white box, and hangs. If I choose MacOS it begins to
start up, it freezes and draws the same white box at the point where it
would begin loading extensions. I have tried several versions of bootx, and
the vmlinux4 kernel ( i have the ultra-wide SCSI card) , all with no success

I would really love to have Linux up and running on my machine....

has anyone else encountered this problem, and if so, any success in fixing
it?

thank you

philip davidson

2. Commercial Word Processors...

3. Bootx Freeze

4. Help with some daemons

5. Left vs. Ctl-Left vs. Alt-Left

6. Support for QIC-02 Tape drives.

7. HELP NEWBIE: Mouse Cursor leaves a trace

8. Distinction between Network Admin and System Admin

9. cursor pulls to the left

10. How to set cursor to wrap left on a dual headed system?

11. jumpy cursor movement in 1.0 with rlogin/telnet

12. Mouse cursor "freezes" under linux on AST Ascentai 910n

13. MetroX 3.1.8 + Millennium freezes on cursor change