Xemacs rpm file.

Post by Mark Da » Tue, 03 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Hello All,

I have tried installing the xemacs 20.2 rpm's and they all complain
about the ncurses lib version 3.  Has some made a new rpm that
no longer has this dependency or has any one created one that
at least has a dependency on version 4 of ncurses.

I will try to make one,  but as I have never created an rpm
before I could have my difficulties.

I really want this editor,  plain old emacs just doen's cut it.

On a related note is there a version of xemacs for the latest and
greatest MACOS's?

Mark Daku

1. RPM for Uwin - cannot open file //var/lib/rpm/nameindex.rpm

Im trying to use the port of RPM for UWin. Unfortunatelly Im having
some problems to get it to work
properly.
   I installed the new version of Uwin (3.1) sucessfully. I also
downloaded RPM 4.0.3 from Wipro site and
installed it. I did the instalation from the root directory (/) using:

$ tar xvf rpm-4.0.3.tar
rpm-4.0.3.tar volume 1 in tar format
usr
usr/bin
usr/bin/rpm.exe
usr/bin/rpm2cpio.exe
usr/local
usr/local/lib
usr/local/lib/rpm
usr/local/lib/rpm/rpmrc
usr/man
usr/man/man8
usr/man/man8/rpm.8
usr/man/man8/rpm2cpio.8
12 files, 1365 blocks

   After that I created the directory  /var/lib/rpm .
   To create the rpm database I execute rpm --initdb . At this point
I get an error:

   $ rpm --initdb
   cannot open file //var/lib/rpm/nameindex.rpm: No such file or
directory

   At /var/lib/rpm was created the following file:

   $ pwd
   /var/lib/rpm
   $ ls
   packages.rpm

  The same message I get when I execute it using Administrator or su
.

  Thanks for any help,

      Gustavo

2. problem with login+new libs

3. Replacing RPM-placed files w/non-RPM files

4. Multiple DHCPREQUEST

5. xemacs rpm

6. Larger execs under SCO OS 5

7. Installing Xemacs from CDrom (RPM Packages).??

8. Linux/NetWare getting along?

9. RedHat 2.1 and xemacs.rpm

10. RedHat Xemacs RPM?

11. Is there a xemacs+mule rpm for Linux Redhat 5.0?

12. RPM/xemacs question

13. Installing Xemacs from CDrom (RPM Packages).??