PLEASE HELP: My keyboard won't emulate the mouse properly!

PLEASE HELP: My keyboard won't emulate the mouse properly!

Post by Claes Johanss » Tue, 19 Oct 1999 04:00:00

For some reason, my installation of LinuxPPC (Q3) on my powermac 7500
don't feel like understanding that there is a deffierence between the alt
and the alt_gr keys, making it impossible for me to use the right
mouse-button (which you all know some applications rely on alot, GIMP,
Netscape and KDE just to mention the ones I use the most). Inever had this
problem on LinxPPC LITE (R4)

I would be very grateful if someone might have an idea where the problem
is and how to fix it. I am not too keen on buying a completly new mouse.

Thank you in advance - Claes

1. 3-button *Optical* Mouse Systems Mouse in X Won't Configure Properly

3-button *Optical* MouseSystems Mouse in X Won't Configure Properly

I just purchased a 3-button *Optical* Mouse and I can't get the
middle button to work properly in X.  The Mouse Systems protocol
does not work at all.  When I move the mouse around a little,
everything gets all messed up, the pointer jumps around, and
menus flash.  I tried all combinations of ClearRTS and Clear DTR
and Emulate3Buttons and Chordmiddle.  I have tried just about
every possible configuration, and the most success I have is
with the Microsoft Protocol.  However, when I *click* the middle button,
the mouse acts as if the first button is being held down for
about half a second.  Emulate3Buttons works when buttons 1 and 3
are depressed, but I specifically bought this mouse so I can
have three buttons.

The actually mouse works perfectly fine in text mode with
"gpm -t ms"--this is the bare Microsoft protocol, not the
standard one.

Does anyone out there have one of these mice, or can someone
please offer some ideas?

Please respond to this account.

Thanks,
Ken

2. HELP? Acrobat3 on Debian....

3. PLEASE help: x-win won't let me use keyboard

4. Adaptec 21960 SCSI controller + solaris 2.6 x86

5. help required: emulating a mouse-click through the keyboard ??

6. fork, pipe and exit

7. HELP Mouse/Keyboard won't COnfig in XFree86!

8. Themes in GTK+

9. Mouse won't work properly!

10. CD won't work, system won't reboot...please help

11. 2 button mouse doesn't emulate 3 button mouse

12. kvt doesn't properly emulate vt100 keypad

13. HELP PLEASE middle mouse button/wheel won't work