Configuration of PB G3 ethernet adapter

Post by Thomas Finnei » Wed, 10 May 2000 04:00:00

Im am trying to find some information on how to configure my PB G3
(Lombard) onboard network adapter with 100 Mbit speed. It is default
running at 10Mb on a LinuxPPC 1999 distro.

So far I have been unsuccessful, if any of you out there have done
this previously or know where I can find the necessary information, it
would be hugely appreciated.

--
Yours sincerely

Thomas Finneid

.-spam

Post by Michael Schmit » Thu, 11 May 2000 04:00:00

> Im am trying to find some information on how to configure my PB G3
> (Lombard) onboard network adapter with 100 Mbit speed. It is default
> running at 10Mb on a LinuxPPC 1999 distro.

AFAIK there's nothing to configure there. If your hub/switch/cabling
support it the adapter will use 100Mb. At least, it apparently works for
me (I get data rates in excess of what 10 Mb would support). That's a
Lombard, hooked up to a 3com switch via standard cat5 cabling (and
another 100Mb card on the other box of course).

        Michael