OpenSSH 2.1

Post by John Fishe » Mon, 29 May 2000 04:00:00

Has anyone tried the new OpenSSH (available at
http://www.openssh.com/portable.html)?  I see a SRPM which presumably
would work, but the openssh-clients and openssh-server packages are i386
only.  Can the new OpenSSH package work with my old openssh-clients and
-server?

I may try mucking around later today or tomorrow anyway, but if someone
knows better, I'd appreciate a hint.  Thanks.

John

OpenSSH 2.1

Post by I R A Darth Agg » Tue, 30 May 2000 04:00:00

On Sun, 28 May 2000 20:46:55 GMT,

+ Has anyone tried the new OpenSSH (available at
+ http://www.openssh.com/portable.html)?

A little light reading: <url:http://www.openssh.org/org-vs-com/>.
Because of the behaviour of certain of their developers, I wouldn't
use OpenSSH if you paid me.

James
The Bill of Rights is paid in Responsibilities - Jean McGuire
To cure your perl CGI problems, please look at:
<url:http://www.perl.com/CPAN/doc/FAQs/cgi/idiots-guide.html>

1. OpenSSH 2.1 on OpenBSD 2.6 problems

Followed the instructions for installing OpenSSH 2.1 on OpenBSD 2.6
on http://www.openssh.com/openbsd.html.

Had to manually type in some files to patch, and manually add the
kame.h file.  Also had to pkg_add an SSL for OpenBSD 2.7 package.

The resulting ssh and sshd would not resolve host names or IP addresses.
Errors like:

fatal: bad addr or host: 0.0.0.0 (name or service is not known)
fatal: Cannot bind any address.

get syslogged when trying to start sshd.

What else needs to be done?

2. cpu upgrade cards

3. OpenSSH 2.1.x fails to compile under OpenBSD 2.6

4. expect question

5. OpenSSH 2.1, now supports SSH2

6. ATI Radeon VE DualHead and XFree 4.1.0 ?

7. SOCKS support for Openssh 2.1.1p4...

8. : The Linux Device List

9. XFree86 2.1 for solaris x86 2.1

10. System hangs under linux 2.1.9x and 2.1.1xx

11. FreeBSD 2.1 Documentation and Installation of "Everything" to 2.1 Gig drive.

12. bootpd 2.1-4and Slackware 2.1

13. 2.1.5x, 2.1.6x hang problems.