dos fs: mkdev dos, relink, then ???

Post by Jeff Hugh » Wed, 11 Dec 1996 04:00:00

    I'm trying to add support for DOS filesystems (floppy and partitions on
the same drive).  I've mkdev dos, relinked the kernel, what else do I need
to do?   Thanks

        Jeff

dos fs: mkdev dos, relink, then ???

Post by Jeff Hugh » Fri, 13 Dec 1996 04:00:00

:     I'm trying to add support for DOS filesystems (floppy and partitions on
: the same drive).  I've mkdev dos, relinked the kernel, what else do I need
: to do?   Thanks

     Oops, sorry....SCO 3.2v4.2

        Jeff

dos fs: mkdev dos, relink, then ???

Post by Roberto Zi » Fri, 13 Dec 1996 04:00:00

>:     I'm trying to add support for DOS filesystems (floppy and
partitions on
>: the same drive).  I've mkdev dos, relinked the kernel, what else do I
need
>: to do?   Thanks

>     Oops, sorry....SCO 3.2v4.2

>        Jeff

Hi !

If you want to access your primary DOS partition from
SCO UNIX, then issue the following command:

        mount -fDOS,lower /dev/hd0d /mnt

(or select a mount point of your choice). If you want
to copy files from the SCO filesystem to a DOS floppy,
the use the doscp command (see also doscmd(C)).

Hope this helps !

Best,
Roberto

Strhold Sistemi EDP
Reggio Emilia      ITALY
Has anyone seen an aircraft carrier around ?

HI there,

In about march we should be getting a second PC in our house. I was
concidering trying to network the two machines. One of the machines
is going to be a DOS/Windows affair while the other one is hoping
to become a DOS and Linux setup. I have a few questions that I hope
that someone out there can answer. (The kind of network I'm concid-
ering is peer-to-peer, I think)

1) Using Novell Netware light on the DOS/Windows machine, could it
connect to the Linux machine using standard networking stuff? Would
I be able to have netware on my DOS partition of my Linux/DOS machine
so that when I boot it up using DOS I'm still connected?

2) If I were using the Linux front end for DOOM, could I still play
a multiplayer game across the network? Or would I have to go back to
DOS?

3) Just out of curiosity, could anyone give me info on cost. I've
got a home made estimate (made from various sources) of :

Cabling (roughly)                               :20
                                                ----
Total                                           136

This is a rough estimate, if anyone can confirm or deny this value
please set me straight.

Answers would be much appersiated as it will influence my decision
as to weather to get the network and/or to get Linux.

TTFN and TC, Michael Dales

-'Damn you and your networking problems Q!'-Picard

2. Please help! Problem updgrading to GCC 2.7.2 et. al., and problem with modules

3. Error relinking kernel after mkdev parallel

4. mounting 2 partitions as 1 volume

5. vi mscsi & mkdev tape relink causes WARNING: hd: no root disk controller

6. script to monitor and kill/restart runaway processes on Linux server

7. accessing dos partitions with wd7000fasst scsi, isc unix 2.2, dos[345]

8. Pentium PCI motherboards

9. Uninstall Linux: Deleted "non dos partition" with DOS fdisk -- Now what?!?

10. Samba w/ DOS box - what does DOS need?

11. Can I boot from DOS to use DOS Device Drivers?

12. Mini Linux coexists in DOS partition and boot from DOS

13. Q: Filenames turnicated DOS to LINUX to DOS?