downloading mail from pop3 server into sco

downloading mail from pop3 server into sco

Post by johan priv » Tue, 08 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Is it possible to download mail from a pop3 server running on a win95  onto
a sco server??

Post by Bill Campbel » Tue, 08 Sep 1998 04:00:00

>Is it possible to download mail from a pop3 server running on a win95  onto
>a sco server??

Why would anybody run a POP3 server on Win95 when there's a Unix box
available?

Bill
--

UUCP:              camco!bill   PO Box 820; 6641 E. Mercer Way
FAX:           (206) 232-9186   Mercer Island, WA 98040-0820; (206) 236-1676

downloading mail from pop3 server into sco

Post by Michael Mol » Tue, 08 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> Is it possible to download mail from a pop3 server running on a win95  onto
> a sco server??

If you compile fetchmail for SCO it should work.

SeeYa
--
Michael Moll_________________________________________________
   Fax  :  +49 89 6661726912

   WWW  :  http://home.chiemgau.com/mmoll/
A message for our friends: Leopard, enemy, bomb

Post by Samuel Liddicot » Fri, 11 Sep 1998 04:00:00

>>Is it possible to download mail from a pop3 server running on a win95
onto
>>a sco server??

>Why would anybody run a POP3 server on Win95 when there's a Unix box
>available?

Good question, but given their mental state, at least the person with the
Unix box shows some sense!

Sam

1. Downloading mail form win95 pop3 to SCO 5.0.4 with MMDF

We're running SCO 504 and use MMDF for our internal mail,
Our users connect onto the SCO server using terminals and/or win95
computers. (With kea)

now we've put up a pop3-server on a win95 computer on witch we are going to
handle the external mail.

how do i download the incomming external mail from the win95 computer to the
sco server??

I've tried fetchmail but it crashes during the installation..

Johan geuze

2. Oracle8 and SHMMAX

3. Downloading POP3 mail from ISP to IMAP server on a Linux box

4. Compressed file system?

5. download mail to unix machine from pop3 server?

6. Cannot allocate colormap entry for default background

7. SCO OpenDesktop as POP3 Mail Server ??

8. Pop accounts

9. pop3 or mail server for sco 3.2v4.2?

10. POP3 Mail server for SCO?

11. (newbie) pop3 mail client on pc attached via ethernet to linux pop3 server problems

12. how to use emacs mail with ISP pop3 mail server?

13. POP3 Server for SCO Open Server 3