Xwindows Login question

Post by Trevo » Mon, 12 Oct 1998 04:00:00

This is probably a simple fix but I can't quite get an Xwindows login
session to work on a Win95 PC connected to a 5.04 Sco server. I install the
eXceed client software and set it to use  XDMCP and up comes a graphical SCO
login box.

Unfortunately, the box never goes away. It seems after a successful login
the session is reset and the login box comes back up. If an invalid password
is entered I get a try again messsage. Is there something obvious I am
missing?

Any quick tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Trevor Neilson.

Xwindows Login question

Post by Dave Richard » Tue, 13 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Does it work from the console?

The login script is in /usr/lib/X11/scologin/.  It usually is
the file called Xsession-ksh.  This is what is run after password
authentication has worked.
There might be something in that script that is bombing.  Try taking out
everything else and
just have an xclock or something come up only, and test the physical X
connection that
way.