errors 144 & 99 from rmail. HELP!

Post by Christopher Moor » Sat, 24 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Anyone any idea how I can determine what these error codes are?
I can't fix it, 'cause I don't know what's broken.

Regards, Chris

errors 144 & 99 from rmail. HELP!

Post by Jean-Pierre Radle » Sat, 24 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Christopher Moore telecommunicated (on 23Jan):
| Anyone any idea how I can determine what these error codes are?
| I can't fix it, 'cause I don't know what's broken.

I meant to answer your posting of a few days ago, but got distracted.

99 is used by rmail for twenty differnt minor errors.
141 ( that's what you meant, I think ): does it seem to affect ONLY the
first message out of a bunch of email in the same uucp connection?

141 from rmail turns out to be coming from a wait() system call.

As I recall, this still an open problem back at SCO.

One band-aid is to mv uuxqt to uuxqt.orig, then create a shell script
called uuxqt that does
        exec uuxqt.orig -x3

--

errors 144 & 99 from rmail. HELP!

Post by Christopher Moor » Wed, 28 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Many thanks Jean-Pierre,

This has indeed solved the problem. However, uuxqt now has to be started
by hand. The script has exactly the same permissions & ownership as the
original but it will not run by itself, for example; uudemon.hour comes
up with /usr/lib/uucp/uuxqt: Can not open - although it does have
permission & I have a : at the start of the script file to show it is a
bourne script.
Anyway I'll play with it some more, thanks again.

Regards, Chris.

Post by Bela Lubki » Thu, 29 Jan 1998 04:00:00

> This has indeed solved the problem. However, uuxqt now has to be started
> by hand. The script has exactly the same permissions & ownership as the
> original but it will not run by itself, for example; uudemon.hour comes
> up with /usr/lib/uucp/uuxqt: Can not open - although it does have
> permission & I have a : at the start of the script file to show it is a
> bourne script.

A ":" at the start of a script file has only one effect: it tells the
C-shell that this is not a C-shell script, so it should run the Bourne
shell.  This is no help in your case.

You need to put "#!/bin/sh" at the first line of the script.  This tells
the *kernel* that it's a Bourne shell script.

Quote:>Bela<

--
Sandy & Bela Lubkin are traveling around the world for a year!  Telecommuting
from Istanbul, Turkey; ???? next.                 +Please don't Cc me on news

1. L 99 99 99 error while booting

Hi,

I have a problem with lilo. After updating to suse 8.1 (and obviously
updating lilo and the boot sector), i get an error message. It looks like
"L 99 99 99 99..." (some rows with "99") and occurs while booting. Does
anybody know how to solve my problem?

Thx in advance,
G.B.

2. crt0 Error: mmap failed for dld (text) errno: 000000013

3. Error: Can't open display: 144.127.61.165:0

4. c++ error

5. 209.107.144.11 & 68.82.204.57

6. Minimium mklinux install?

7. Ftape 0.9.9d, Kernel 0.99.15, Modutils 0.99.15 Help.

8. stop icmp response

9. Installed mandrake 9.0, now I'm greeted with "99 99 99 99"... please help!

10. compile errors 1.3.98 & 99

11. Help. Driver for Star SJ-144

12. NEED HELP: Network & 0.99.13/14

13. : if setup 0.99.14 kernel, then 0.99.13 kernel boots?!