SB Pro CD driver?

Post by Rodney Sparapan » Wed, 04 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Has anyone been able to load SCO from CD-ROM with a CD player
attached to a SB Pro?  I have found drivers for the simple SB, but
they did not include CD support AFAIK.  Any help would be appreciated.
I could find know information on this topic at either the SCO site or
on the CL site.

Rodney

SB Pro CD driver?

Post by Bela Lubki » Fri, 06 Sep 1996 04:00:00

> Has anyone been able to load SCO from CD-ROM with a CD player
> attached to a SB Pro?  I have found drivers for the simple SB, but
> they did not include CD support AFAIK.  Any help would be appreciated.
> I could find know information on this topic at either the SCO site or
> on the CL site.

OpenServer has drivers for SCSI and ATAPI CD-ROMs only.  No other
interfaces are supported.  UnixWare has support for a couple of
proprietary interfaces.

Regarding the SoundBlaster Pro, well, according to

  http://www.creaf.com/wwwnew/tech/spec/scard/ct1600.html

the SoundBlaster Pro versions 1 and 2 have what they call a "Panasonic/
MKE CD-ROM interface".  Whatever that is, it definitely *isn't* a SCSI
nor EIDE interface.  So it won't work with OpenServer.  I'm not sure if
it would work with UnixWare -- UnixWare does support some of the
proprietary interfaces but I don't know which.

Quote:>Bela<

1. SB Pro and CD-ROM

  HI!

  Probably a FAQ...   Sorry, I need a fast answer!

  Is Linux compatible with the SB Pro CD-ROM interface?  With the Double Drive
Omni CD, it looks like a good deal.  I may also consider the CD-ROM version
of Linux.  Any advice for an interface card?

  Please answer me by mail,

  Thanks in advance,

                    Jerome

2. GNOME & password

3. SB Pro 2.0 8 bit stereo / Mitsumi FX001D CD-Rom & Workman Volume ???

4. Creating X fonts from TEX fonts

5. cdda2wav on SB Pro CD-ROM success?

6. CD-ROM DOS Formatted Mount on Linux

7. SB Pro/CD & 1.2.1 not working

8. Floating point exception (core dumped)?

9. SB-Pro CD-ROM support

10. Mitsumi CD-Rom, SB-Pro and Workman

11. Audio CD Player interface for SB-PRO interface + Panasonic CDROM?

12. SB PRo compatible with no valid driver