Netscape Proxy server under sco 5.04

Post by Stephen Davie » Fri, 26 Sep 1997 04:00:00

We are using SCO 5.0.4 with Netscape proxy server 2.5

Some sites what we try and access through the proxy server will not work,
but when we go direct they work fine. Can anyone tell me yet.

Stephen Davies
Atlas Global Net

1. SCO 5.04 + Netscape Proxy Server + News

 It would help if you post your sockd.conf file, and tell use whether or not
you are using a socksified winsock.dll, or socks options in the news
programs themselves

I could be wrong, but I thought only the Web Browser part of MSIE used socks
built in, not the news....

You probably need a socks client on your PC.

SOCKS Client: SOCKS V4 is available at
http://www.hummingbird.com/freestuff.htm The Hummingbird SOCKS Client is
also distributed on all Hummingbird software products.

SOCKS Servers: SOCKS V4 is available through anonymous ftp from
ftp://ftp.nec.com:/pub/socks/. SOCKS V5 is available through http at
http://www.socks.nec.com/. Most firewall vendors today support SOCKS V4 and
SOCKS V5.

What version socks server are you running?  (I just compiled socks 4 from
NEC and it works fine)

--
Sam Liddicott                   |   Nothing I say is to be attributed as |
Campbell Scientific Ltd.        | a company statement or representation. |

2. VIDEO + LINUX -> WWW

3. Oracle Server Manager GUI and SCO Open server 5.04

4. XDMCP-broadcast problem.

5. 5.04 and proxy/commerce server

6. Using tar: How to exclude certain Directories/Files?

7. Sco Foxbase + with Open Server 5.04

8. Linux Internet Server

9. Longshine LCS-8684 with SCO Enterprise Server 5.04

10. SCO Open Server 5.04 - Unable to configure PPP Link

11. Oracle 7.3.3 Server Manager/SCO openserver 5.04

12. Differences between SCO 5.02 and SCO 5.04

13. sco routing (sco unix openserver 5.04)