SCO 5.04 + Netscape Proxy Server + News

Post by Samuel Liddicot » Fri, 29 Aug 1997 04:00:00

 It would help if you post your sockd.conf file, and tell use whether or not
you are using a socksified winsock.dll, or socks options in the news
programs themselves

I could be wrong, but I thought only the Web Browser part of MSIE used socks
built in, not the news....

You probably need a socks client on your PC.

SOCKS Client: SOCKS V4 is available at
http://www.hummingbird.com/freestuff.htm The Hummingbird SOCKS Client is
also distributed on all Hummingbird software products.

SOCKS Servers: SOCKS V4 is available through anonymous ftp from
ftp://ftp.nec.com:/pub/socks/. SOCKS V5 is available through http at
http://www.socks.nec.com/. Most firewall vendors today support SOCKS V4 and
SOCKS V5.

What version socks server are you running?  (I just compiled socks 4 from
NEC and it works fine)

--
Sam Liddicott                   |   Nothing I say is to be attributed as |
Campbell Scientific Ltd.        | a company statement or representation. |

Quote:>Is there anybody out there who knows how to proxy news.....