Sub-Net Problem

Post by Bela Lubki » Wed, 10 Jan 1996 04:00:00

> Hey, dose anyone know if there is a fix for the SCO5.0 sub-net problem yet ?/

> If so, where / what is it ?

Yes, it's fixed by the Networking Supplement 1.0.0, which is at
ftp://ftp.sco.com/Supplements/net100/

The same supplement also fixes the panics when DOS NFS clients are
rebooted; and dozens of other things.

Quote:>Bela<

Sub-Net Problem

Post by Nelson Mart » Wed, 10 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Hi Guys !!!

Hey, dose anyone know if there is a fix for the SCO5.0 sub-net problem yet ?/

If so, where / what is it ?

Thanks In advance

Nelson

1. Sub-sub-sub-sub-sub subdomains?

No, it's not a typo.

My question is quite simple: I've read on how to set up subdomains on
apache using the wildcard mask, but what about subdomains several
levels deep?

Do I need to create one DNS entry for every "subdomain level" so to
speak?.

Lets say I currently have... whatever... "cool.com" (then I'd sell it
;-). No I mean... lets pretend I have something like "cool.com". With
"traditional" apache wildcard subdomains setup and the right entries
on bind, I can have "anything.cool.com" "a.cool.com" "b.cool.com", etc
all pointing to the same web page.

But what if I want to do a hostname in the form
"http://This.bind.is.really.cool.com"? That's 4 levels of
subdomains.

Can someone explain me how to setup something like this, both form the
apache and bind sides??

Regards
Willy
PS: I'm posting this same question to the bind newsgroup since this
involves setting up correctly both daemons.

2. linux-2.5.28 drivers/acpi/system.c missed interrupt.h

3. Routed problem --- sub-net routing in /etc/gateways

4. DVD decoder: software vs. hardware

5. Can an X-station 130 be booted off an RS/6K on a different sub-net?

6. Booting the computer with a newly compiled kernel

7. which software do I need for: NAT/DHCP/dyn-DNS for a local SUB-net?

8. Unable to load interpreter

9. Sub-netting & Telnet on Firewall 1 ver 2.1

10. Network browsing across sub-nets

11. Saving UNIX files to different Sub net.

12. Sub-Netting a Class 'C'

13. Sub-netting