SCO Professional problem???

Post by Ton » Fri, 03 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I have inherited an old SCO system and today no-one could open or
close any files at all. An error message like the following kept
appearing:
"Sco Professional is replacing file as in:proxxxxx.wk1"
and then the program would automatically quit. And sure enough there
are now lots of proxxxxx.wk1 files appearing in the directory. I just
wish I could open them. Does this sound like a SCO Pro problem, a
hardware prob or UNIX? Any ideas

SCO Professional problem???

Post by David L. Wo » Mon, 13 Jul 1998 04:00:00

> I have inherited an old SCO system and today no-one could open or
> close any files at all. An error message like the following kept
> appearing:
> "Sco Professional is replacing file as in:proxxxxx.wk1"
> and then the program would automatically quit. And sure enough there
> are now lots of proxxxxx.wk1 files appearing in the directory. I just
> wish I could open them. Does this sound like a SCO Pro problem, a
> hardware prob or UNIX? Any ideas

Sometimes the problem is too many files in the directory - try creating
a subdirectory under the main directory and moving the .wk1/.wk2/.wk3
files there and then change to the directory.

SCO Professional problem???

Post by Mark A. Davi » Tue, 14 Jul 1998 04:00:00

> > I have inherited an old SCO system and today no-one could open or
> > close any files at all. An error message like the following kept
> > appearing:
> > "Sco Professional is replacing file as in:proxxxxx.wk1"
> > and then the program would automatically quit. And sure enough there
> > are now lots of proxxxxx.wk1 files appearing in the directory. I just
> > wish I could open them. Does this sound like a SCO Pro problem, a
> > hardware prob or UNIX? Any ideas

> Sometimes the problem is too many files in the directory - try creating
> a subdirectory under the main directory and moving the .wk1/.wk2/.wk3
> files there and then change to the directory.

Indeed.  I have seen that problem here also, and it was related to too
many files in a directory  (also it can do that with certain strange
file names that might be in the directory).

|   Mark A. Davis,  |Lake Taylor| Voice: (757)-461-5001x431 8-4:30ET |

|Information Systems|Norfolk, VA| from USENET remove anti-spam "yy"  |

1. SCO Professional (Spreadsheet)

We are migrating from XENIX to OpenServer, and can't get our spreadsheet
to run (SCO Professional V2.0.0c)

Anybody know of a patch/upgrade or replacement product that may be of use?
Appreciate timely response..

Would be willing to purchase SCO Professional that will run on OpenServer,
if someone has a licence.

2. BOOTPC

3. Sco Professional(2.0.1) and OSR 5.0

4. Cable modem drivers

5. SCO Professional Spreadsheet

6. Where Can I Buy Linux for my PC?

7. Altos SCO Professional on SCOV5?

8. Sound busy when it really isn't

9. SCO Professional on OSR 5

10. SCO Professional & Integra

11. SCO Professional and Lyrix

12. SCO Professional file error

13. Problem with Modem USR 56 K Professional Messages Modem