mkdev ptty problem sco 5.02

Post by Michael P. Chase S » Thu, 23 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Hody,

 Anyone seen a problem with sco 5.02 not creating the master/slave pttys,
The mkdev ptty will make the kernal changes ok, but will not create the
psuedo ttys.. When the mkdev script runs you do not see the the nodes getting
created as you do normally.

Please Help

TIA...

mkdev ptty problem sco 5.02

Post by Bela Lubki » Fri, 24 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>  Anyone seen a problem with sco 5.02 not creating the master/slave pttys,
> The mkdev ptty will make the kernal changes ok, but will not create the
> psuedo ttys.. When the mkdev script runs you do not see the the nodes getting
> created as you do normally.

The mkdev script doesn't make the nodes.  It modifies
/etc/conf/node.d/spt to cause the nodes to be created next time the
kernel environment is rebuilt.  So when the kernel is linking and it
asks "Do you want the kernel environment rebuilt?", you must answer
"yes".
Quote:>Bela<

1. SCO 5.02 + SCO 5.04 Floppy Drive Problems

--------------22A22231633E8983B1D82DB5

Has anybody come across problems when writing to floppy drives that they
intermitantly fail with bad blocks....
I have experienced this problem on all Acer Machnies as well as some
Hewlett Packard machines......

Thanks in advance

--------------22A22231633E8983B1D82DB5

<HTML>
Has anybody come across problems when writing to floppy drives that they
intermitantly fail with bad blocks....
<BR>I have experienced this problem on all Acer Machnies as well as some
Hewlett Packard machines......

<P><TT>Thanks in advance</TT></HTML>

--------------22A22231633E8983B1D82DB5--

2. Problem with ISDN Terminal Adapter - PCMCIA ISDN card available?

3. Differences between SCO 5.02 and SCO 5.04

4. looking for rdump sources

5. SCO 5.02 + SCO 5.04

6. pnm2ppa vs pbm2ppa

7. HELP! mkdev ptty problem.

8. Routing problems with PPP

9. Problem with installing SCO Openserver 5.02

10. SCO 5.02 boot/root floppy problems

11. Problems installing SCO 5.02

12. Random printing problem , SCO 5.02 , no error messages

13. Problem: Custom+ loops on a compaq 2500 and SCO Enterprise system 5.02