Is it a VIRUS for SCO Unix Enterprise 5.0

Is it a VIRUS for SCO Unix Enterprise 5.0

Post by Sam Ch » Wed, 03 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Dear Sir(s),

        I am an computer engineer of DEC in Taiwan. And now I face a tuoble
about SCO Unix Enterprise Release 5.0. Would somebody kindly to help me ?

        We installed SCO Unix to our every computer to do stress test in order
to find out our design bugs. The stress tests includes CPU Bouding Testing,
Memory Testing, HDD R/W Testing ... ... etc. But strange thing happens !
Most computers in lab halts at serial ports test at am. 4:04, 11 Dec. !!

        Our test method for serial port test is

        while(1)
        {
                for i=1 to 255
                        write i to serial port.
                        delay some milli seconds
                        read back from serial port
                        if(wrote != read)
                                log error messages
                                break
                next
                log this pass time
        }

        In ordinary case, it will log messages to us however it is sucessfull
or not. But it just stop at am 4:04 11 Dec. No further information to us. And
it still can be terminated by 'kill' . ???

        Could you pls telling me what happend ? I'll be very appreciated !

Best Regards,
Sam Chu.

1. can SCO Enterprise V 5.0 email 'talk' to a MS Mail on Novell Postoffice?

I have several users on Wyse 60 terminals running a Progress Database
app on SCO Enterprise V 5.0
I have several more users running Windows 3.1 on Novell 3.12
that use MS Mail 3.5
does anyone know what I might try or where to look
,if it exists, for a product or app that would allow the
SCO/Wyse 60 users to use SCO's MMFD email and
also be able to send and receive MS Mail?
Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

2. Unix Internals Training?

3. IRC Binary SCO Open Server 5.0 (Enterprise)

4. Help required!!!

5. Reinstall SCO Enterprise 5.0 w/Raid 5

6. Line Printer Help

7. SCO Open Server Enterprise 5.0 / Virtual Disk Manager

8. Discipline Question

9. SCO Open Server Enterprise 5.0 / Virtual Disk Manager (change in e-mail address)

10. SLIP setup SCO 5.0 Enterprise

11. Installing SCO OpenServer Enterprise 5.0 on COMPAQ Proliant 1000

12. Reinstall SCO Enterprise 5.0 w/Raid 5

13. Installing SCO Open Server Enterprise 5.0