Print to Microsoft NT Server 3.51 or Win95 fro

Print to Microsoft NT Server 3.51 or Win95 fro

Post by Marshall Feldma » Wed, 27 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Doesn't SAMBA do this?  I think you can get SAMBA from the SCO ftp site.

>Posted on 24 Mar 1996 at 23:35:17 by TELEC List Distributor (011802)

>Print to Microsoft NT Server 3.51 or Win95 from SCO Unix

>Date: Mon, 25 Mar 1996 02:52:34 GMT

>Dear Netters:

>Is there a way one can print to the Win95 or NT Server shared printer from a
>SCO Unix shell session ?  Something like 'lpr file.txt' ?  If so what must
>be set up to allow this.  I am more concerned about setting up the NT Server
>or Win95 machine to accept print jobs from a SCO Unix session.  It is not
>so bad configuring SCO to print to a locally connected printer but having
>it print to a network printer is a different ball game.  Seriously I would
>appreciate very much any help, advice, pointers etc. etc.

>Please email, my news access is so unreliable.

>Thanks,
>Nick

Marsh Feldman                               Phone: 401/792-5953
Community Planning, 204 Rodman Hall           FAX: 401/792-4395

Kingston, RI 02881-0815

Post by Chris Res » Thu, 28 Mar 1996 04:00:00

>Doesn't SAMBA do this?  I think you can get SAMBA from the SCO ftp site.

<snip>
>>Is there a way one can print to the Win95 or NT Server shared printer from a
>>SCO Unix shell session ?  Something like 'lpr file.txt' ?  If so what must
>>be set up to allow this.  I am more concerned about setting up the NT Server
>>or Win95 machine to accept print jobs from a SCO Unix session.  It is not
>>so bad configuring SCO to print to a locally connected printer but having
>>it print to a network printer is a different ball game.  Seriously I would
>>appreciate very much any help, advice, pointers etc. etc.

>>Please email, my news access is so unreliable.

>>Thanks,
>>Nick

<snip>

If all you want to do is print to the server, however, why bother with
SAMBA?  Simply install and start TCP/IP Print Services on the NT
Server and add an entry in /etc/printcap for the remote printer.
Quick, simple and it works.
--
Chris Resch
Modern Office Methods, Inc.

1. Print to Microsoft NT Server 3.51 or Win95 from SCO Unix ?

Dear Netters:

Is there a way one can print to the Win95 or NT Server shared printer from a
SCO Unix shell session ?  Something like 'lpr file.txt' ?  If so what must
be set up to allow this.  I am more concerned about setting up the NT Server
or Win95 machine to accept print jobs from a SCO Unix session.  It is not
so bad configuring SCO to print to a locally connected printer but having
it print to a network printer is a different ball game.  Seriously I would
appreciate very much any help, advice, pointers etc. etc.

Please email, my news access is so unreliable.

Thanks,
Nick

2. Using sed to write certain fields to Stdout...

3. Print to Microsoft NT Server 3.51 or Win95

4. Backspace = DEL ... how to change

5. Installing Linux, NT 3.51 and Win95 on same machine?

6. Partition Sizes

7. NT 3.51/WIN95/LINUX Multi Boot

8. jdk1.2.2 and Cocoon2

9. NT 3.51 ps printing, from linux

10. Printing from SOLARIS on WIN NT 3.51 Network HPLJ4P Printer

11. TCP/IP printing to NT 3.51 amchine's printer

12. SCO 5.0 -> NT 3.51 Printing

13. Windows NT 3.51 as PPP server and Linux PPP client