Post by greg simpso » Sun, 12 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Post by greg simpso » Mon, 13 Nov 2000 04:00:00

1. 'delete' command in ftp delete files in local hard disk ???

I write a batch file in Windows to download some files from an
UltraSPARC running Solaris in a LAN. The files will be deleted after
it was retrieved. Currently, I generate a ftp script file in the batch
file and pass it to ftp with 'ftp -ivn < myfile.ftp' in Windows.

The ftp script generated will be something like this:

open <ip_address>
user <username> <pass>
cd <source_path>
lcd <dest_path>
get myfile1
delete myfile1
get myfile2
delete myfile2
..
bye

Note that It is possible that the files are not available in the
UltraSPARC and it seems there is a bug in the ftp 'delete' command
(maybe in Windows environment).

The 'delete' command is supposed to delete the file in the REMOTE
environment, however, if the file does not exist in the UltraSPARC,
the 'delete' command will delete the file store in my LOCAL HARD DISK.

Is there anyway to prevent the 'delete' command to delete the files in
my local hard disk when it doesn't exist in thre UltraSPARC ?

\/\/yatt \/\/ong Home Page - http://www.asiaonline.net.hk/~tfwong/
Winona Ryder Forever H. P. - http://www.asiaonline.net.hk/~tfwong/winona/

Send a message with subject GET PGP KEY to get my PGP public key

2. inetd seems to lock-up

3. I want delete to right-delete

4. x includes

5. Tricky bug in program caused by delete/delete [] - help

6. Syntax of share

7. Remapping Keys (want delete key to delete etc!)

8. load_module.sh problems in dos emu

9. How to make Delete key delete forward?

10. getting Delete key to DELETE on RS6000

11. How to (setq delete-key-deletes-forward t) in syscons?

12. how can my delete key delete?

13. How Do I Get Delete Key to delete?