Get error when install open server: exit value 1 status:256

Get error when install open server: exit value 1 status:256

Post by Yue-hong Zhe » Mon, 09 Sep 1996 04:00:00

I got the error when it finishes bad tracking my hard disk.

I try to install open server 5 . I have a SCSI CDROM and a IDE hard disk
(830M) by Western digital.

What does the error mean: exit value 1 status 256 ?

I switched to another hard disk, same error occured.

Post by David Clayt » Wed, 11 Sep 1996 04:00:00

>I got the error when it finishes bad tracking my hard disk.
>I try to install open server 5 . I have a SCSI CDROM and a IDE hard disk
>(830M) by Western digital.
>What does the error mean: exit value 1 status 256 ?
>I switched to another hard disk, same error occured.

It sounds like the stupid bug in the SCO 5 install that dislikes an
existing, active DOS partition during install.

Run your install again and it should work ok the second time, (further
details available from the SCO Searchable Support Library at
www.sco.com, just search for the error code)

Regards, David.

1. Error: "rpm exit with 256."

I have a PowerMac 9600/200 with 256Megs of EDO ram.
All I'm trying to do is install LinuxPPC 2000.
I format using the latest drive setup, just 64 megs swap, and the rest
(4 gigs) as root.  This is a separate hard drive.  (I'm a novice user,
so I don't want multiple directories.)

When I select the different things I want to install, and hit the
install button, I get this:  Error: "rpm exit with 256."  It happens for
each individual file until I have to do a hard restart.

What do I do?  I was able to get it working last time, I'm just
re-installing because I'm moving it to a different Hard Drive.

-Cyberwave

2. SCSI AVA1502 problems

3. install LPPC2K problem on 7600/132... rpm exit with 256???

4. Can't figure out how to configure sendmail

5. failed to install. rpm exited with 256

6. Linux and Win95 on one.

7. 256 colors with SCO Open Server 5.0 & Compaq Prosignia

8. rtl8139 ; can I switch autosensing off?

9. Installing binutils - Error 33 exit status from the linker, ld

10. can a script return a value other than exit status

11. Bad value collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

12. Capturing Exit Status values in csh?

13. Error 256 (when installing) with LinuxPPC2000