SCO Internet Security & Netscape Commerce Server

SCO Internet Security & Netscape Commerce Server

Post by Bill Glicke » Tue, 20 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I already have up and running SCO OpenServer 5.0.2.  Does anyone know any
gotcha's if I install the Internet Security Package & Netscape Commerce
Server as an add-on rather than getting the Internet FastStart system?

This post is prompted by the fact that I just purchased and opened (not
installed) the Security Package, which came with release notes for
FastStart and very little mention of installation on an existing SCO
system.

Bill

1. Non Netscape Proxy between Netscape Commerce Server & Netscape Browser

When trying to access http://www.internet.net/ we received the following
error within Netscape:

Error 400
Invalid request "CONNECT www.internet.net:443 HTTP/1.0" (unknown method)

When accessing the page through Mosaic we get the page without any errors!

Looking further into this, we realized that the http site was using a Netsite-Commerce/1.0 server.  Another note is internally we access the outside
world using a proxy server(CERN). On further investigation, we realized
that our environment variable in Netscape, Security Proxy, was set to our
proxy server.  Yet our proxy server (CERN) does not offer any of the
security methods.

How can we enable the CERN Proxy server to be able to pass through Netscapes security queries?  Any information would be helpful!

                        Thanks,
                        Vicki.

2. seeking advice for a silent machine

3. Security problem with Netscape Commerce Server v1.12 on SunOS 4.1.4?

4. DualBoot Question

5. Please help activating security on Netscape Commerce Server

6. cron making my hard drive click?

7. BUG in Netscape Communication & Commerce Server

8. 2 hurdles to overcome

9. Internet commerce on SCO OS5

10. System Security Scanner & Internet Security Scanner

11. Internet Security Monthly & Network Security Observations ???

12. COMMERCE servers (BroadVision, OM-Transact, Merchant, net.commerce...)

13. Oracle Internet Commerce Server - Opinions?