Login/Password for Internet Manager

Post by Chris Nielse » Sun, 30 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Trying to set up PPP on Free OpenServer 5.04.
When I launch Internet Manager from the Desktop
it launchs Netscape and prompts for a Login & Password.
For the Free Unixware 2.1.2 the Login & Password is iadmin.
What's the answer for Free OpenServer?
Thanks,
-Chris

Login/Password for Internet Manager

Post by David Clayt » Sun, 30 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Trying to set up PPP on Free OpenServer 5.04.
>When I launch Internet Manager from the Desktop
>it launchs Netscape and prompts for a Login & Password.
>For the Free Unixware 2.1.2 the Login & Password is iadmin.
>What's the answer for Free OpenServer?

"admin" with your root password.

Regards, David.
---------------

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.

"I refuse to short-change the 20th century to only allow it 99 years, the 21st century begins with the year 2001, not 2000.", check this URL for details:
http://riemann.usno.navy.mil/AA/faq/docs/faq2.html

Post by John Dankh » Mon, 31 Aug 1998 04:00:00

>>Trying to set up PPP on Free OpenServer 5.04.
>>When I launch Internet Manager from the Desktop
>>it launchs Netscape and prompts for a Login & Password.
>>For the Free Unixware 2.1.2 the Login & Password is iadmin.
>>What's the answer for Free OpenServer?

>"admin" with your root password.

I would like to add that root passwd is the install root passwd, if you'vs
changed the root passwd you still use the original root passwd

Later

          .  These are my own uninformed opinions, not my employer's.
         / \ Use at your own risk.

       /  %%%\############&&&&&&&&&&& H&D Technologies
      /       \      ########******** http://www.hdtechnologies.com
     /         \           #####$$$$$ (562)431-0098     (562)431-9958 (Fax)
     -----------

1. Login/Password Problem with Netscape Navigator and Internet Explorer

-- I've a password caching problem with Internet Explorer. My customer
has a server running beyond the CGI (Netscape Server on Digital Unix)
who uses Basic HTTP Authentication (based on login/password).

If we access the service with Netscape Navigator, it asks for the
login/password ONLY ONCE (i.e. Netscape Navigator does some password
caching and re-send the same authentication token for all requested
URLs).

If we use Internet Explorer, it keeps on asking for login/password ON
EVERY PAGE (sometimes several times for a single page, it it refers to
inlined images...). Internet Explorer seems to be less clever in its
"password caching" (it does some caching, hovewer, but it's not enough
for this particular application).

Did anyone have seen such a problem before ?
Is there a way to FORCE the browser (Internet Explorer) to use the same
login/password as the previous one ? E.g. using Java, ActiveX, etc... ?
Can we improve the password caching techniques of Internet Explorer ?

Please reply by e-mail directly...
                                                       \|/

---------------------------------------------------oOO-(_)-OOo----------
   Emmanuel "W4" KARTMANN          "W4 ? Weaving the World Wide Web !"

2. Chips & Technologies 69030

3. Login manager does not display login screen

4. Which MB is better for linux? SuperMicro P55CWA or ASUS P54TP4?

5. Can't set root password- Password busy error -is not due to temp password file

6. Shared memory and named pipe problem

7. FreeSCO 5.0.4 and Internet Manager

8. Firewall - Non router all traffic.

9. Lost virtua; domains in Internet Manager

10. Unix/Internet System Manager Position - Muskegon, MI

11. MAILING LIST: Internet mailing list managers

12. are online companies breaking password manager?

13. Help on chat script syntax Internet Manager on 5.0.4