Can I automate reboot?

Post by Gururajan Ramachandr » Wed, 13 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

We are running "SCO Open Server Enterprise System Release 3.0" and
I need to be able to reboot the machine periodically. I need to
do this unattended as this machine is heavily used during business
hours.

I changed "initdefault" to "3" in /etc/inittab and set up an automated
process to shutdown with a level 6.

Would this do the trick? Will the system come back into full
multi-user mode by itself without any manual intervention?

Also, it would be nice if the system would go through the fsck as well.

Thank you.

Regards,

Guru

--
My opinions are my own. I only speak for myself.

TYX Corporation, 1851 Alexander Bell Drive
Suite 200, Reston, *ia 22091, U.S.A. (703) 264 - 1080

Can I automate reboot?

Post by Scott Sanb » Thu, 14 Mar 1996 04:00:00

>We are running "SCO Open Server Enterprise System Release 3.0" and
>I need to be able to reboot the machine periodically. I need to

Hello.  Just do I `shutdown -i6` periodically, and, make certain that
you /etc/default/boot AUTOBOOT line is set to YES.  Filesystem checking
can be performed only when dirty, or every time the machine boots. See
`man boot`.
Scott

1. Automated linux reboot

Hello,

Something in my linux system is causing it to crash periodically if it
runs for longer than about 4 days.

I have a fair number of "servers" running and perhaps one of them is
causing the problem.

At some point in the near future I'm going to try a kernel update.  In
the meantime I want to setup a routine to "restart" the computer
nightly say at about 2:30 AM.

Can I simply put a call to "shutdown -r now" in my root cron to occur
daily at 2:30AM?  Any problems doing this?

Mark

2. Latest NIC drivers

3. Need to know how to automate Rebooting into another OS...Help!

4. fix2000

5. automate reboot, responses using another system/pc

6. bfd problems..

7. Dual OS machine and automated reboots ?

8. hpcdtopbm - where can I FTP it from?

9. reboot error reboot error reboot error

10. Compaq 6000 reboots and reboots and reboots

11. It's not bad canned meat...

12. Canned Proxy URLs to Filter