moving sco harddisk

Post by Vu Pha » Tue, 19 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

My Sco box 5.0.2 is running on a SCSI harddisk w/ Adaptec 2940.
I would like to upgrade my mainboard. May I simply move the harddisk & that
pci controller to another mainboard ? Do I need to put the controller on the
same slot number ?

I appreciate your help,

Vu

moving sco harddisk

Post by Tom Parson » Tue, 19 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Vu Pham enscribed:
| Hi,
|
| My Sco box 5.0.2 is running on a SCSI harddisk w/ Adaptec 2940.
| I would like to upgrade my mainboard. May I simply move the harddisk & that
| pci controller to another mainboard ? Do I need to put the controller on the
| same slot number ?

Yes.
No.

moving sco harddisk

Post by Vu Pha » Tue, 19 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Vu Pham enscribed:
> | Hi,
> |
> | My Sco box 5.0.2 is running on a SCSI harddisk w/ Adaptec 2940.
> | I would like to upgrade my mainboard. May I simply move the harddisk &
that
> | pci controller to another mainboard ? Do I need to put the controller on
the
> | same slot number ?

> Yes.
> No.