PLEASE HELP!!!!

Post by Sunil Dravid » Fri, 16 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I have a PC with 2 partitions ( a 2 GB DOS-32 and a 12.5 GB NTFS partition).
I have about 1.5GB free space for the UNIX partition. I start the
installation from the boot disk and get to the point of creating a unix
partition with the interactive fdisk option. I enter the partition number(in
this case I have 3 and 4 taken so I have to pick 2) and the starting track
number for the UNIX partition. I specify the size in tracks for the 1.5 GB.
At this point it keeps giving the message invalid entry. I have tried this
with several numbers for the partition size but it doesn't work.

I tried the "Use rest of the disk for Unix" option and it keeps giving a
memory fault-core cumped error.
The partition table currently has 2 partitions.
The DOS-32 is the active partition and is number 3(starts at 1 and ends at
66554) and the NT partition is the inactive partition and is number 4(starts
at 66555 and ends at 473024)
The message at the bottom of the table says total disk size 261120
tracks(with 256 reserved master root and diagnostics)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Sunil Dravida.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Post by Lucky Leavel » Fri, 16 Oct 1998 04:00:00

First, what release of SCO are you trying to install?

Second, the Installation Guide clearly indicates that there MUST be enough
space below 1024 cylinders for the boot filesystem (or the entire root fs
if an older release). Barring any more specific information, I would guess
that would be the first place to check.

Finally, a more descriptive "Subject:" line would also help.

Thank you,
Lucky

Lucky Leavell                      Phone: (800) 481-2393
UniXpress - Your Source for SCO       OR: (812) 989-0174
1560 Zoar Church Road NE             FAX: (812) 366-3618

WWW Home Page:  http://www.UniXpress.com

1. PLEASE PLEASE HELP Major problem with my SCSI & Redhat 5.0 PLEASE Help

Everything ran WONDERFUL for about 4 months this machine ran several
servers it is a UDB w/ 340mb SCSI (SLOW 5mb) half inch internal hard
drive.  32 megs of true parity ram, Red hat 5.0 I get the following
error

NCR53-810-0: ERROR (0:48) (0-20-0) (8/33) * scripth (868:18000400).
NCR53-810-0: Script cmd = 888030000
NCR53-810-0: regdump : da 10 80 33 47 08 00 1f 01 08 00 28 80 00 08 00
NCR53-810-0: have to clear fifos

What the HELL is this and is there anyway to fix it ?  It seems to
occur when doing file writing, when i try to tar something for example
it will go into a continual unending loop displaying the above error
message.  I have refdisked, formated, and clean installed redhat and
the problem is still there :( Please help, if at all possible mail

2. Problems getting into Linux for the first time : HEEEEELLLLLLPPPPP

3. LINUX instalation problems, PLEASE HELP !?!Subject: LINUX , instalation problems, PLEASE HELP !?!

4. Problem writing to text area...

5. PLEASE HELP !!! PLEASE HELP !!!

6. TCB and mkgroup command.

8. Think I care if you don't try it? I'm rich!!

9. NFS please help me please please please sniff

10. Set-up woes, please, please, please help :(

11. please please please help me!

12. Please Please Please HELP