Configuring an HP Designjet 650C plotter for SCO Unix Openserver 5.0.2

Configuring an HP Designjet 650C plotter for SCO Unix Openserver 5.0.2

Post by David Trowsda » Thu, 17 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Hi
 Looking for the best way to configure an lp device for an HP Design
Jet 650C plotter. I have thirty users and would loke them to be able
to use lpr from their systems.As a short-term solution , I have them
manually copy their HPGL/2 plot files to a directory on the server and
execute
a plot script as a superuser. The script is simply "cat file >
/dev/lp0'. Works but is clunky. Any ideas how to configure the plotter
properly? It is hard to find any documentation.

1. Attaching HP DesignJet 650C Plotter to UNIX

I want to connect an HP DesignJet 650C plotter with PostScript option to my
UNIX box. It is not communicating properly and I believe this has to do with
the PRINTCAP file.

Any suggestions!

Rick Livingood
Kaman-EODC/Tucson,   Systems Administrator

2. 4.6.2 Released?

3. Attaching HP DesignJet 650C Plotter

4. Setting up Linux partitiion on DOS machine, how?

5. FS:HP Designjet 650C-Color Plotter

6. How hide "Connection closed by foreign host."

7. Adding an HP DesignJet 650C plotter

8. CRON: bad user

9. Help! HP DesignJet 650C/Solaris 2.3

10. HP Designjet 650C under Ghostscript

11. AIX and HP DesignJet 650c

12. Any success with HP DesignJet 750C plotters?

13. sco routing (sco unix openserver 5.04)