How to install Year 2000 fix on SCO3.2

Post by Jim Mill » Thu, 12 Feb 1998 04:00:00

There is a Year 2000 fix on the SCO internet site.  I downloaded it to
a PC and umziped it.  The instructions say to install it using
"custom".  The problem is custom will not recognize a dos format
diskette and I don't know how to get the file onto a SCO UNIX
diskette.

Any suggestion on how I can install the fix.

Thanks,

How to install Year 2000 fix on SCO3.2

Post by Jean-Pierre Radle » Thu, 12 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Jim Miller telecommunicated (on 11Feb):
| There is a Year 2000 fix on the SCO internet site.  I downloaded it to
| a PC and umziped it.  The instructions say to install it using
| "custom".  The problem is custom will not recognize a dos format
| diskette and I don't know how to get the file onto a SCO UNIX
| diskette.

TLS096: rawrite.

--

How to install Year 2000 fix on SCO3.2

Post by STOCK Frédéri » Fri, 13 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

you have to download the TLS096 from ftp://ftp.sco.com.
to use it:
download a patch.
unzip it under DOS
rawrite <ENTER>
give the name of the file unzipped <ENTER>
give the device name (generally a:)

now your floppy is ready to be used by custom

Jim Miller a crit:

--

Frdric STOCK